Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Islam And Muslims Essay, Research Paper
The Arabic word “Islam” means peace, submission, and obedience. The religion of Islam is the complete acceptance of the teaching and guidance of Allah as revealed to his prophet Muhammad peace be upon him (p.b.u.h).
A Muslim is on whom believes in one god Allah and strives for total
reorganization of his life according to his revealed guidance and the saying of
Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h). He also works for building human society on the
same basis. “Muhammadanism” is a misconception of Islam and offends its very
The word “Allah” is the proper name of god in Arabic. It is a unique term because it has not plural or feminine gender. Islam was not a new religion when it was revealed it was in essence, the same message and guidance which Allah revealed to all prophets peace be upon them (p.b.u.t). Allah says in his last testament in book Quran 3:84. Says: we believe in Allah and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob and the tribes, and in the books given to Moses, Jesus and all the other prophets(p.b.u.t) from the lord. We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will in Islam. The message that was revealed to Prophet Muhammad(p.b.u.h) is Islam in its comprehensive, complete and final form.
Islam enjoins faith in the sovereignty of Allah, which makes man aware of the meaningfulness of the universe and of his place in it. The faith must be
expressed and tested in action. Faith alone is not enough. Belief in one Allah
requires that we look upon all humanity as one family under the universal
omnipotence of Allah. The creator and nourishes of all. Islam rejects the idea
of a chosen people, having faith in Allah and good actions are the only way to
heaven. Thus, a direct relationship is established with Allah without any
Islam provides definite guidelines for all peoples to follow in all walks of life. The guidance it gives is comprehensive and includes the social, economic, political moral and spiritual aspects of life. Allah on the Quran, the last book of testament, reminds man of the purpose of his life on earth, of his duties and obligations toward himself, his kith and kin, his community, his
fellow human beings and his creator. Man is given fundamental guidelines which
result in a purposeful life and then heis left with the challenge of human existence before him so that he might putthese high ideals in to practice. In Islam, man’s life is a wholesome,integrated unity and not a collection of fragmented parts. The sacred and secular are not separate parts of man. They are united in the nature of being human.
The five pillars of Islam are as follows:
1. The declaration of faith: To bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah and thatMuhammad (p.b.u.h) is his messenger to all human beings until the Day ofJudgment. The prophet hood of Muhammad (p.b.u.h) obliges the Muslims to followhis exemplary life as a model.
2. Prayers: Daily Prayers are offered five times a day as a duty toward Allah. They strengthen and enliven the belief in Allah and inspire man to a higher morality. They purify the heart and prevent temptation toward wrong doings and evils.
3. Zakat: To pay annually 2.5% of one’s net saving on which a year has panned as a religious duty and purifying sum to be spent on poorer sections of the
4. Fasting the month of Ramadan: The Muslim during the month of Ramadan not only abstains from food, drink, and sexual intercourse from dawn to sunset. It teaches love, sincerity, and devotion. It develops a sound social conscience, patience, unselfishness, and will power.
5. Hajj: Pilgrimage to Makkah is to be performed once in a lifetime, if one can afford it financially and physically.
Man is one of the highest creatures of Allah he is equipped with the highest potential. Allah has shown him the right path, and the life of Prophet Muhammad(p.b.u.h) provides a perfect example. The law of Allah enunciated in the Quran and exemplified in the life of the prophet (p.b.u.h) is supreme in all cases. It applies equally to the highest and the lowest, the prince and the peasant,the ruler and the ruled.
The Quran is the last revealed word of Allah and the basic source of Islamic teachings and laws. The Quran deals with the bases of creeds, morality historyof humanity, worship, knowledge, wisdom, Allah and man relationship, and human relationships in all aspects. Comprehensive teachings on which, can be builtsound systems of social justice, economics, politics,legislation, jurisprudence law, and international relation are importantcontents of the holy Quran.
Muhammad (p.b.u.h) was born in the year of 570 A.C. in the city of Makkah in Arabia. He is the last prophet and last messenger from Allah. He received the first revelation at the age of forty. He preached Islam for 23 years. Hecompleted his mission of prophet hood and died at the age of 63years. Muhammad(p.b.u.h) himself was an uneducated man who could not read or write. Yet, the holy Quran was committed to memory and writing by his followers under his supervision during his lifetime.
When the teaching of Islam was practiced, the Muslims were ruling almost the whole world since they stopped practicing they are down the earth. Islam started from Adam and ends at Muhammad (p.b.u.t) the teachings revealed to them by Allah through Angle Gabriel. Islam puts an end to all conflicts and brings harmony to all mankinds’ vision of life as you can see in history.
- Islam And Women Essay, Research Paper The region of the Middle East and its inhabitants have always been a ... sect of Islam. The Shiite believe themselves to be pure Muslims and therefore ... widely practiced in the early Islamic period, most Muslims today adhere ...
- Islam And Ramadan Essay, Research Paper Islam It is averaged that there ... by Muslims to the state or to the community. The Five Pillars of Islam Islam is ... Muslims because it purifies the body and soul for prayer. The last pillar is the ...
- Islam And Christianity Essay, Research Paper There are hundreds of religions ... each other,” with the mission to “enjoin good and forbid evil.” Within the community, Muslims ... by Muslims to the state or to the community. In the modern period, the zakat ...
- ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY Essay, Research Paper Although Islam is less known than Christianity, it is the ... “enjoin good and forbid evil.” Within the community, Muslims are expected ... . For Muslims, the reward for following the 5 Pillars of Islam is pleasant ...
- The Druze Religion Essay, Research Paper The Druze Religion In the Middle East are many religions. The ... of these religions is the Islam religion. The Druze have evolved from ... . There was a claim between the Muslims and the Druze with many arguments. They ...