Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Carrie By Stephen King Essay, Research Paper
The main characters in this story are Carrie,her mom(Mrs.White),and Chris Hargenson.
Carrie is a very shy and nieve girl.She is mad fun of often by the other girls at school.She
is tired of being mad fun of and realizes she has mental powers.Mrs.White is a religious
phanatic who is basically crazy.Carrie?s mom takes everything out on her.Chris
Hargenson is a girl Carrie goes to school with who is very snotty,and like the other
girls,makes fun of Carrie.
The setting takes place in a small town in New England during the 1980?s.The story
mainly takes place in Carrie?s home and school.She turns her town into a tale of terror.
One day Carrie is at school in the gym locker room and she gets her menses.Well,shes
not sure what it is and she starts screaming and crying for help.The other girls start
making fun of her because they know what it is.Because they made fun of Carrie so
horribly,they have to run laps after school.When they got to gym detention,Chris refused
to run.The gym teacher gets very upset so she decides to take Chris?s prom tickets
away.Now Chris hates Carrie.Chris and the other girls make up in evil plan to make Carrie
look rediculous at the prom.The plan is to vote Carrie prom queen and hummiliate her by
droping a bucket of pigs blood on her.Chris sneaks into the gym right before the prom
and sets the bucket of pigs blood above the rafters.The prom starts and Carrie and her
date are called up for prom king and queen.As Carrie walks up to get crowned,the pigs
blood falls on her head.She is so upset now that she uses her mental powers to trap every
one inside the gym and light the school on fire.
The theme is that Carrie uses her new found mental abilities to get revenge against her
peers for embarrasing her.This story reminds me of the teen shootings that have been
happening lately in schools.I think the book has a good theme,though,because it
discusses the ordeals teens have with thier peers.It tells the readers what really happens
when kids in school show violence.
The mood is very depressing and upseting because she is mad fun of so much.It is also
very gory and terrifying when everyone is burned to death.
The author?s purpose was to shock and stune the readers by holding so much suspense
and horror in each story.He also likes to prove that kids should watch out about what they
say because what goes around comes around.
Margaret Corbin (1775 – 1800 ) was born in
Franklin County , Penn . She was raised by an uncle
because when she was five , Indians killed her father and
captured her mother .
John Corbin , Margaret `s husband , enlisted in the
Continental Army in 1775 . He served as a gunner in the
Revolutionary War . Margaret accompanied her husband
to camp to help with chores like washing clothes ,
cooking meals , and other jobs . Other wives of soliders
also did this , so it was not uncommen .
During the Battle of Fort Washington in 1776 ,
Margaret became a heroine . At Fort Washington , now
known as New York City , John Corbin was killed .
Margaret replaced him at his cannon and stayed there
until she was seriously wounded .
The wounds from the war left her disabled . Three
years later , she was awarded a military pension from
Continental Congress . She was one of the first women to
receive such aid in the United States . Margaret Corbin is
buried in the military cemetary at West Point , N . Y.
- Carrie From Stephan King Essay, Research Paper Title: CarrieAuthor: Stephen KingPublisher: SignetDate of 1st publication: ... prom. The detention will be given by miss Dejardin.Chris is not ... two ties, Carrie and Tommy are chosen to be king and queen of ...
- Stephen King Essay, Research Paper Stephen King Stephen King is one of the most ... was accepted to be published. Stephen King’s first published novel, Carrie, reflects his interest ... be noticed throughout many of his novels. In the case of Carrie, King ...
- Stephen King Essay, Research Paper The second son of Donald and Nellie Ruth Pillsbury King was ... brother, David, were raised by his mother. Stephen, David, and their mother ... Doubleday & Co. to publish Stephen King?s novel Carrie. After learning from his new ...
- Stephen King Essay, Research Paper BIOGRAPHY ON STEPHEN KING Stephen Edwin King was born in Portland, Maine, ... become his first published novel, Carrie. Luckily, his wife retrieved ... published four more horror books by Stephen King: ‘Salem’s Lot (1975), The ...
- Stephen King Essay, Research Paper Stephen King Stephen King is a well-known and talented ... by kids and adults starting from his first best-seller, Carrie. King ... 748). Stephen King written many great books throughout his writing career. Carrie, King’s first ...