Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Philosophy Of Education Essay, Research Paper
Philosophy of education
Being a teacher is something that I’ve thought about my entire life. Wanting to be a teacher is a different story. It took me a few years before I realized that teaching is what I wanted to do. I never thought I could be an educator. It is almost a powerful feeling knowing that I can change the lives of so many students. I believe that every child has the ability to learn, but it takes a good teacher to be able to bring this ability out. This is a role I would like to take.
A child will learn as it grows up, that is a given.
But will it learn properly is another story. I have not yet determined how I have learned because I am not yet grown up. I believe there is a lot for me to learn. I do believe I may have some good educators through my lifetime. I notice there teaching procedure. Teaching was more effective when the students were happier. By saying happier I mean they pay attention and wanted to learn. To know the students is a key in education. To know how students learn will help the education process greatly.
Art is one thing I have always been good at. I have never considered a career in art, because art never did feel like work to me. I felt that teaching art would be appropriate for me. This is also a major part in education, teaching others something that you are very good at. Almost like sharing. Education is somewhat like sharing if one thinks about it. Giving others knowledge of something that I plenty knowledge of.
I have had many bad art teachers in my life, and I always think of how I can be better than what they were.
I have had art teachers give me assignment and that was the last of it until he graded it. I believe, as an art teacher input is very important for a student. Education is not only spitting out information, it is making sure that the information gets to the students. A student will not take in the information with out help though. And in art a student will not get the information unless they are pushed.
Teaching art is different in some ways than teaching other subjects. True in all subjects it is giving
information then testing on it. Art is giving instruction and grading final product. But art is different because it
requires a lot more one on one help. All subjects require one on one help, but art it is almost a must. The best art students even need one on one help once in a while.
I feel that I am a realist. I believe education should be that of the physical world. I think philosophy and religion should be thought too, but I really do believe that the concrete physical world is more important. I’m also very much so a realist when it comes to art. The idea of abstract aggravates me. I understand when I teach art I will have to teach abstract as well. But I know my strong point is realism, and I will concentrate on that a great deal.
I believe how I feel about education and realism will help make me a good teacher. I have spent too much time think of ways I could be better that my teachers to become a bad teacher myself. I will be open-minded with the students. As a student I liked the assignments that gave me the most freedom. When I enjoyed myself I learned a lot
more. And that is how I plan to teach.
- Philosophy Of Sex Essay, Research Paper Philosophy of SexDescription of this essay : Philosophy of Sex In the book Smut, ... part in. For example, a person educated inhuman sexuality at a university level ...
- A Philosophy Of Education Essay, Research Paper In my ... of vocational studies and liberal arts, as well as the general education ... to be a physical education teacher and I will be ... of mine. Before writing this paper, I didn t give much thought to what philosophy ...
- Philosophy Of Medicine Essay, Research Paper The book, the Spirit Catches ... most of the first Indo-Chinese refugees had been well-educated city ... with living expenses and education costs. The origin of Hmong, I felt, was ...
- Definition Of Education Essay, Research Paper Definition of Education Education what is it? It is ... : 1. The act or process of educating or being educated. 2. The knowledge or skill ... advantageous. In fact art and philosophy should be made standard issue ...
- ... with enough room between each desk, so each student has their individual ... cornerstone of my educational philosophy. A successful teacher develops and utilizes a successful philosophy of education. I believe my educational philosophy ...