Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
William Shakespeare have written many plays. His most tragic play is Othello.
Othello is also the name of the main character in the play, he is quite hard to understand.
In order to have a better understanding of Othello?s character, examining his changes
throughout the play, flaws and why he is considered a tragic hero will give the reader an
insight of his overall personality.
Othello changes many times throughout the course of the play. At the beginning of
the play Othello trusts Desdemona with everything, but throughout the play he loses
confident in her because he listens to Iago?s suggestions about her. ??Cassio, my lord? No,
sure, I cannot think it That he would sneak away so guilty like, Seeing you come.??
(Shakespeare 105). He shows disrespect to Desdemona in front of other people. ??Devil?
he strikes her ?I have not deserved this.?? (141). Othello changes even more dramatically
because of the poison suggestions that Iago has given him. He goes out of control and
eventually kills Desdemona thinking that she has did something wrong.
Othello has many tragic flaws. He is a really gullible person, for example he was
tricked by Iago; thinking that Desdemona was really having an affair with Cassio. ? ` Did
he confess it??? (134). He trusts Iago too much and totally relies on Iago therefore making
him really vulnerable to Iago?s evilish schemes. Othello?s gullibility causes him to be
jealous. He let?s his jealousy take over, he looses control of himself and acts on his jealous
emotions, he let?s his jealousy clutter his mind and good judgment. ?`Damn her, lewd
minx! O, damn her, damn her! Come go with me part. I will withdraw To furnish me with
some swift means of death. For the fair devil. Now are the my lieutenant?? (122).
Othello?s other flaw is his anger. Othello acts upon his anger and therefore ends up doing
the things he regrets afterwards. ?`It is too late.? `O Lord, O Lord, Lord!? he smothers
her?(168). Therefore by examining those points Othello has many tragic flaws in him.
Othello is considered a tragic hero because he fights for the people in Venice in
Cyprus. ??The Turk with a most mighty preparation makes for Cyprus. Othello, the
fortitude of the place is best known to you?.?? (70). He is looked upon as a hero by the
Duke of Venice. The Duke praises Othello for his abilities and accomplishments. He is
considered to be tragic because he has fallen in to the trap of Iago. Also Othello ends up
killing Desdemona and then commits suicide for the wrongful slaying of his wife. ?`? I
took by th?throat the circumcised dog And smote him thus.? He stabs himself? (180).
The moor kills himself because he takes responsibility for what he did, which makes him
the tragic hero.
Othello is considered the most tragic Shakespeare play. Othello is a character of
many possibilities. His character is quite intriguing, the changes he goes through, the flaws
among him and why he is considered a tragic hero gives us a detailed explanation of
Othello as an overall person.
- Othello Essay, Research Paper William Shakespeare was and is considered a ... (Fiero 3: 98 & 100) Shakespeare s tragedy in Othello is one of envy ... The development of the character of Iago is from the ... The growing of the character would have been nothing without ...
- William Shakespeare Essay, Research Paper William Shakespeare The English dramatist and poet William Shakespeare was ... unrivaled projection of character, Shakespeare’s compassionate understanding of ... great tragedies Hamlet (1601?), Othello (1604?), King Lear ...
- Shakespeare Essay, Research Paper William Shakespeare Shakespeare, William (1564-1616), was an English ... briefly and colorfully. In a tragedy Othello he described jealousy as “the ... based on his stories and characters. The world has admired and ...
- William Shakespeare`S Biography Essay, Research Paper William Shakespeare was born on ... probably gave much inspiration William Shakespeare, in terms of ... –03); Measure for Measure, Othello (1604–05); King Lear ... Friar Laurence, a major character who tries to help ...
- Othello Hero Essay, Research Paper Othello as a Tragic Hero William Shakespeare’s famous tragedy "Othello, the Moor of Venice" (c.1604 ... by the unknowingly naive Othello. Othello's second most noticeable character flaw is that ...