Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Chemical Engineer Essay, Research Paper
The chemical engineer is an invaluable link between scientific
principles and manufacturing realities. It involves the use of chemical,
physical, and engineering principles.
The scientist in a laboratory does basic research to develop new
compounds and processes. When the scientist discovers a product that may be
useful, the chemical engineer takes over. They adapt the product for big scale
manufacturing. They do this by designing a plant to produce the item on large
scale. Thus the engineer is the link between the laboratory and commercial
The chemical engineer?s earnings depend on several factors. Their
educational background dictates much of what the engineer will earn. Also,
experience and the location of the employer will make a very big difference.
The starting salary for a chemical engineer with a Bachelor?s Degree can range
from $30,000 to over 35,000 per year. An engineer with a Master?s Degree can
earn anywhere from $35,000 to over $40,000. A chemical engineer with a
doctorate can earn $45,000 to well over $60,000.
“To be successful in chemical engineering, one must be curious and
persevering” (Finney IV 13). The person must be flexible in order to adapt to
each phase encountered. They must also be ambitious. Honesty is another very
important trait. They must be cooperative since they are a member of a team.
In order to get a job as a chemical engineer, a person should have at
least a Bachelor?s Degree. The degree should be in chemical engineering. The
degree is acquired by four years of study. Subjects studied include engineering,
drawing, chemistry, mathematics, English and speech, computing, economics, and
social studies. The actual specialization in chemical engineering is usually in
the third year of study. There are many advantages that go along with this job.
The career offers challenges in both science and industry. Also, the work
allows for other companies to expand and hire more people. Thus, this creates
new jobs. There are also disadvantages. First, there is a great responsibility
placed onto the engineer. Also, there is a great deal of pressure involved with
this kind of work. The future for the chemical engineer looks very promising.
As new drugs and vaccines develop, the chemical engineer will be needed. This a
new and exciting field to work in. Many people are becoming more and more
interested in it. This increase in engineers called for and increase in jobs.
Someone interested in becoming a chemical engineer should concentrate on the
sciences in high school. They should be “good” at chemistry and physics. Also,
they should enjoy these classes. Mathematics classes are also important. A
knowledge of the computer is extremely important.
Many colleges offer engineering programs. More specifically, most offer
chemical engineering programs. MIT offers an excellent chemical engineering
program. It is known world-wide for its engineering department. Carnegie Melon
also has a great program. Montana University is of another college with a great
The occupation of a chemical engineer is a very exciting one. It requires
a lot of responsibility and hard work. But, if you enjoy being part of a team
and working hard, this is the right job for you.
- Chemical Warfare Essay, Research Paper Chemical Warfare 1.0 What are Chemical Warfare Agents? Chemical weapons include any chemical ... Foulkes of the Royal Engineers to develop a counter-attack ... continued with the research into these deadly chemicals. In the ...
- The Chemical Engineer Essay, Research Paper What exactly is a chemical engineer? Many would say that it ... well as thermodynamics and chemical kinetics (Pafko “Chemical Engineer”). Chemical engineers should have an interest ...
- Engineering Essay, Research Paper Engineering Take a look around yourself. ... many different kinds of engineers such as, chemical, mechanical, textile, civil, ... agricultural and structural engineers. Our civilization ...
- Engines Essay, Research Paper Engine is a machine that converts ... . In internal-combustion engines, the chemical energy of the fuel ... is converted into heat inside the engine ... prevent this excess heat from destroying the engine, it is ...
- Chemical Warfare Essay, Research Paper Is the World in Danger of A chemical Warfare? Hell is ... island. The germs were engineered to be antibiotic resistant ... things, Gorbachey ordered the chemicals to be buried. The ... it until more extensive research can be done to ...