Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Causes and Effects of World War I?
Home Room 306
World History/English 1
Mrs. Denicola/Mrs. Fisk
April 11, 2000
This paper will explore the causes and affects of World War 1, how it started and ended and why. I am also gonna talk about what led to all this and how life was before and after WW1.
The Causes and Effects of World War
I The Causes of World War I
A. Early beginnings
C. Global war emerges
D. Essential causes of World War I
II Immediate Causes of the War
A. The assassination of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand
B. Austria declared war against Serbia
C. The French began to mobilize
D. The Belgian government called on the witnesses of the treaty of 1839
E. Italy declared war on Austria – Hungary.
III. World War I (Greatest War of It?s Time)
A. The outbreak of war in 1914
B. great potential strengths
IV The Effects of the War
A. German delegates left Berlin to apply for an armistice
B. The Russia signed the Treaty of Brest
C. The war came to an end
The Causes and Effects of World War I
World War I was a military conflict from 1914 to 1918. It began as a local European war between Austria – Hungary and Serbia on July 28, 1914. It was transformed into a general European struggle by declaration of war against Russia on August 1, 1914 and eventually became a global war involving 32 nations. Twenty – eight of these nations, known as the Allies and the Associated Powers, and including Great Britain, France, Russia, Italy, and the United States, opposed the coalition known as the Central Powers, consisting of Germany, Austria – Hungary, Turkey, and Bulgaria. The immediate cause of the war between Austria – Hungary and Serbia was the assassination of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand on June 28, 1914, at Sarajevo in Bosnia by Gavrilo Princip, a Serb nationalist. (Microsoft Encarta, 1996)
On July 28, Austria declared war against Serbia, either because it felt Russia would not actually fight for Serbia, or because it was prepared to risk a general European conflict in order to put an end to the Greater Serbia movement. Russia responded by partially mobilizing against Austria. Germany warned Russia that continued mobilization would cause war with Germany, and it made Austria agree to discuss with Russia a possible change of the ultimatum to Serbia. Germany demanded, however, that Russia
- Blame For Ww1 Essay, Research Paper The blame of starting World War ... German counter-measures and cause war , wrote Fay. Therefore the Russian French alliance ... out and was not controlled. Bernadotte E. Schmitt also wrote about the cause of the ...
- ... Ww1 Essay, Research Paper The United States decision to enter W.W.I. was not greatly supported by the ... political phenomenon and a potent maneuver for winning support for causes . This method ...
- Ww1 Essay, Research Paper Korey “Knowledge is power lets take over the world”-Nostajik So ... and they knew the destruction and devastation that war caused. But when the time came, the ... were woman. The war caused great national pride and America became one ...
- Ww1 Info. Essay, Research Paper Background Causes of World War 1 On Sunday, ... could have the most and the best weapons. The size of navies and armies would ... known as the Central Powers). The Allies were France, Russia, and Britain and the Central ...
- Causes Of Ww1 Essay, Research Paper Pre World War I Europe was ... to gain independence. The unification and formation of Italy and Germany as countries ... cause of the fall of Europe is alliances. An Alliance is and agreement ...