Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Interpersonal Communication Essay, Research Paper
Interpersonal communication, in my opinion, is the exchange of
information verbal or non-verbal between two or a small group of people for the purpose of getting a feedback and sharing information. Interpersonal communication is not interpersonal if it involves too many people. When the number of people exceeds a certain amount it is no longer interpersonal communication, it then becomes mass communication. it is vital that feed-back be given to the person that is doing the communicating. When feedback is not present then the lines of communication break down and then there is no communication at all. Even if the message is perceived wrong interpersonal communication still exists as long as the feedback is given. For
example: when you talk to someone that is hard of hearing and you ask them to do something and they hear you say something other than what you said there is still interpersonal communication, although it is miscommunication. If the person, however, does not here the speaker at all and does not give any feedback, then interpersonal communication has not been established.
Another important dimension to interpersonal communication is that the information is exchanged in order to share the information. When the information that is exchanged is not used to share the information, then interpersonal communication has not taken place. If you speak in a way in which the person does not feel receptive to what you are saying then you have not achieved interpersonal communication. When a boss yells at his employees, or a teacher yells at his or
her students then interpersonal communication has not taken place. True communication has taken place, but it was not interpersonal communication. The information is not being shared it is being forced upon people. The information has to be shared such as when a friend tells another friend about a problem that he or she is having or when a child talks to his or her parents about something personal. That information is being shared by two people in order to illicit a
Another important issue that needs to be brought up when discussing interpersonal communication is the issue of the number of people. When dealing with the issue of interpersonal communication the amount of people being communicated with is of utmost importance. Can a priest have interpersonal communication with his congregation on Sunday morning?. In my opinion, he cannot. Interpersonal communication must be done when there is a certain amount of people. You cannot have one person and have interpersonal communication, likewise, you cannot have a hundred people and have interpersonal communication either. Interpersonal communication must be done
when at least two people are present. In order for the communication to stay effective you cannot have a large group of people. The reason for the limitation is that when too many people get involved it becomes harder to bring forth the message that you want to send, if the message is not sent and shared then interpersonal communication has not taken place.
Finally, I would like to discuss some examples of communicative and non-communicative events based on the definition that I have given. An example of a communicative event that would use would be as follows: When two people are talking they are speaking to each other in order to change information. For example: When you walk the street and you see someone you know you speak and you ask ” how was your day”. The point when you asked how the persons day was you initiated the process of interpersonal communication. The person will respond, and the information that the person shares with you completes the process of interpersonal communication.
An example of non- verbal communication is somewhat
more difficult. When you are sitting at restaurant and you a start playing foot tag with your date you are sending a non-verbal form of interpersonal communication. The first contact of the foot is the initiation of the communication. When the person responds, favorably or unfavorably, non-verbal interpersonal communication has taken place.
- Interpersonal Communications Essay, Research Paper Question #1 is the perfect question ... differences between verbal and nonverbal communication between two very important ... difference between verbal and nonverbal communication? To understand the definition ...
- Interpersonal Communication Essay, Research Paper There are so many ... that both partners can effectively communicate.) There are five types ... better because I m willing to communicate more. When I met my present ... , we know how to communicate, and we never go ...
- Interpersonal Communicati Essay, Research Paper Cultural growth in the twenty- ... audiences. Unlike other forms of communication, interpersonal communication involves person-to-person interactions ...
- ... prime example of interpersonal communication. We partake in interpersonal communication in almost every ... of a factor in interpersonal communication as verbal communication. These nonverbal actions ... and how well you communicate with each other the choice of ...
- Interpersonal Attraction Essay, Research Paper Relationships with the individuals around ... these “relationships”? Studies of interpersonal attraction have concluded that people ... relationship. A good relationship requires communication and the ability to adapt ...