Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
How to Buy a Used Car
There are many successful steps a person can take when buying a
used car so that the car will last as long as it is expected to, without having
to put thousands of dollars into it to keep it running and maintained. The
last thing that a person wants is a car not worth what was paid for it. A
problem for many people who rush into buying the first good looking car or
truck on the lot, without taking the proper steps to make sure the car is in
good running order.
The first order of business when buying a used car is to have a price
range figured out before getting to the lot. Have a set amount in dollars that
can be spent on the car and if something seen grabs the eye, it can be
easily decided if it is affordable or not. Also have the maximum amount of
money figured out, in case there is a beautiful car that is a couple of
thousand dollars out of the price range. Because there is always something
nicer than the next, so if one car does exceed the range it can easily be
distinguished if it is in the price range that has been drawn up. Another
thing to remember is to bring a used car value book to look up the prices of
cars of interest. Last but not least, look for cars under the set
price range because there will be many cars sold for cheaper than expected
and overlooking these could be a bad mistake.
The next thing to do once a car has caught some attention is to check
the interior and exterior. But the thing to remember is that this is a
used car and it will not be perfect, so if a scratch is seen being too picky may
make it very hard to find a car. When checking the interior check for holes
and stains in the upholstery and carpet. Next make sure all the buttons and
levers are all working. If there are power windows in the car make sure it
works and if a sunroof is there make sure it retracts correctly. Checking the
exterior of the car is a little easier considering all that is needed is a brief
check. Look for chips, scratches, dents, or anything that just doesn?t look
right or if something doesn?t look right just get a second opinion and see
what someone else thinks. If everything seems to be in order than the next
step is the most difficult.
The third step is to have the engine checked for problems. The last
thing anybody wants to do is buy a car with a faulty engine or parts. To pay
all that money for a car and then having to invest more in the engine would
be insane. It is always good to take the car to a local mechanic, so a good
inspection by someone not paid by the lot can be done on the car. Many
times a good mechanic will find something that needs to be fixed and the
dealer will fix it free of charge if the car will be bought pending the
repair of the car. Or if, the dealer offers a deal on a car with an engine
problem at a really good price, get the problem estimated and if the price to
fix and buy this car is still a low cost , then this could be a good investment
even if at first the car looks like a hassle.
Finally, the last and best part of used car searching is the test drive.
Be sure that it is comfortable to the liking to he or she when driving. Also,
one should be at ease driving the car and if it is a big car and one is not at
ease because of size, maybe a smaller car should be looked at and could
prove to have been a wise decision. If it is a fast car, think,? can I handle the
steering and acceleration of a sports car.? And if after these steps the car
still twinkles in the buyers eye, to the negotiation table to work out the price.
Buying a used car can be a hassle, but if there is a set price range with
a high limit and low that should help. Along with the exterior and interior
check and everything is in working order. The engine runs with no major
problems, besides a new set of spark plugs. The test drive is like driving a
Porsche down the road. This car will likely be the used car that will last as
long as it was expected to just like a new car would have done. If the step
here are followed buying a pre-owned car will be easy and a load off the
wallet, when instead of buying a brand new car, I saved thousands by buying
the same model car, just two years older.
- ... used the money to buy arms which they flew back to Costa Rica to give to ... in some clothes and think “Hey I’ll never get caught,” but ... what you have in the car and if it seems suspicious ... they don’t have to risk their lives going into a car, they can ...
- How To Keep Your Car Running Like New Essay, Research Paper How To Keep Your Car Running ... after real estate and how to keep your car running at top ... oil change places to get it done. You can buy quarts of ... on the new oil filter. Using a little bit of motor oil ...
- Buying A New Car Essay, Research Paper Narrative Buying a New Car One afternoon on ... ? - I was looking to buy a new car. My last car died on me. - ... nice. I ll have to get used to not having power steering ... you asking for it? - How about $1,500? - That sounds ...
- Teenage Sex Essay, Research Paper Premarital sex is a ... having sex. Let’s not forget how bad a reputation could be damaged ... his or her mother to have sex. How could you explain this ... want to buy a used car when they could buy a new car? Sorry that it has to be ...
- ... these days I will be ready. Buy new exercise shoes and weights ... fats. You have to keep watch on how much you cut back ... is recommended that 1,500 to 2,000 calories eaten each day. Eating well ... or walk to go short distances instead of using your car. The last ...