Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Essay Of Eukaryotic Organelles Essay, Research Paper
The mitochondria has an eggshape structure. The mitochondria consists of
an inner and outer membrane. The outer membrane is what shapes the
organelle to its egglike shape. The inner membrane which folds inward
makes a set of "shelves" or cristae that allow the reactions of the
mitochondria to take place. The more the mitochondria makes these reactions
the more the inner membrane folds. This happens because the mitochondria
now has more surface area connecting it to its surroundings. The processes
that the mitochondria make are to break down the high energy organic
molecules into smaller more useful packages.
The endoplasmic reticulum is a network of tubes and channels that
transport and with the help of ribosomes produce proteins. The rough
endoplasmic reticulum contains ribosomes which are not present in the
smooth endoplasmic reticulum. The rough endoplasmic reticulum allows the
cell to produce proteins. The smooth endoplasmic reticulum is used in the
detoxification processes in the cell and the transitional endoplasmic
reticulum is used to breakdown glycogen to glucose. The endoplasmic
reticulum is versatile and grows and shrinks according to the cell’s
Chloroplasts which are found in plant cells are used in the process of
photosynthesis. They fall into the category of plastids but they are
differentiated in that they contain chlorophyll. These organelles produce
chemical reactions from the energy that the sun gives them.
The Golgi complex’s structure is made up of many flattened membranes sacs
that are surrounded by tubules or vesicles. These are called the
cisternae. The golgi complex accepts vesicles from the endoplasmic
reticulum and modifies them for usage in the cell. The golgi complex is
used to distribute materials which help form the cell membranes. They also
assemble the membranous material by producing glycolipids and
glycoproteins. The golgi complexes also hand their vesicles materials for
secretion. The golgi complex could not do its job without the help of
vesicles. Vesicles bring and send the organelle its materials.
- Chromosomes, Genes And Alleles Essay, Research Paper What is a eukaryote chromosone made from? DNA ... controls a specific characteristic, consiting of a length of DNA occupying a position on a ... The total genetic material of an organelle, cell or organism
- ... Essay, Research Paper Essay of Eukaryotic Organelles The mitochondria has an egg shape structure. The mitochondria consists of ... bring and send the organelle its materials. Essay of Eukaryotic Organelles The mitochondria has an ...
- Cells Essay, Research Paper Cells are composed of oxygen, hydrogen, carbon, and ... within the cytoplasm of eukaryotes are referred to as organelles. The nucleus ... than those of eukaryotes. It is possible that other eukaryotic organelles originated similarly ...
- Biology Essay, Research Paper Living things make up ... have a nucleus are called eukaryotes. The nucleus is very important ... cytoplasm. Ribosomes are one of the smallest organelles in a cell. Many ... the importance of controls on cell growth. Eukaryote cells divide ...
- Mitochondria 2 Essay, Research Paper Mitochondria Mitochondria are tiny organelles found in nearly all eukaryotic cells. ... the process of cellular respiration. This doubled-membrane organelle has its ... place in three main stages. Each of these three stages is a ...