Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
EMT Our Community Friend Essay, Research Paper
I had the opportunity to interview an E.M.T. The E.M.T. I
chose to interview was my friend Matt from the Highland
lakes squad. I chose to interview him because it is easier for
me to talk to someone I know than someone I don’t know,
and also I wanted to find out whats its like being an E.M.T.
from a teenagers point of view. Q: Why did you become an
E.M.T.? A: I enjoy helping people, and I felt that I wanted
to be able to do more than just basic first aid and cpr. Q:
What does it mean to be on call? A: It means that if the
pager goes off you are the person that responds to the call.
You can’t leave your area because you have to stay available
if the pagers do go off. Q: How does being an E.M.T. affect
your personal life? A: It doesn’t really affect my personal life
too much. The only time it really does is if the pager goes off
and I’m on call then I have to stop what I am doin and
respond to the call, or if I come across an accadent I have to
stop and help. Q: In Vernon what kind of accadents do you
usually see? A: The most common type of accadent I see is
people havin trouble breathing, or people who can’t breath
things like that. Q: What is the worst accadent you’ve ever
seen? A: The worst accadent I’ve ever seen was a car
accadent where there was a victim who couldn’t remember
anything even after I told him the same thing over and over
again he couldn’t remember what I told him. Q: What
happens if the victim is someone you know? A: I try to treat
the victim like any other victim, but I’m more nervious about
messing up somthing or doing somthin wrong. The victim
though will usually feel more comfortable when someone
they know is there with them. Q: What do you do at the
scene of an accadent? A: We treat the victims, and transport
them to the hospital as fast as we can. Q: How do you feel
on the way to a call? A: I usually have an adrenalin rush, and
my body feels like its going 100 times faster than normal.
Thats about it though. Q: Do you like being an E.M.T. and
why? A: Yes, I enjoy being an E.M.T. I like the feeling I get
from helping others that are in need of help. Q: What
happens if you are at a call and another call comes in? A: If a
call comes in while you are at a call you will be dispatched to
the other call when you finish the one you are at otherwise if
its not possible for you to respond to the seccond call they
will dispatch another rig for the seccond call. Q:
Approximatly how many calls per week do you get in
Vernon? A: I usually get about one or two per week when
I’m on call, but the squad can get either a lot or a little
ammount of calls. Q: How many days a week are you on
call? A: I’m usually on call one or two days durning the week
and sometimes one day on the weekends. After doin this
interview with my friend Matt I realize it could be fun, but
hard work to be an E.M.T. Peoples lives are depending on
you, and if you make a mistake someone could die. I’m glad
there are people like my friend Matt that want to be an
E.M.T, but I sure wouldn’t want to be one.
- Community Essay, Research Paper The Individual and the Community Bill Bove Eng. 101 Evertson T ... societal whole. I?m convinced our ideas of community will remain in a ... off your bike and end up with some ... you simply metabolize in front of the television nightly ...
- The Montgomery Bus Boycott Essay, Research Paper The Montgomery Bus Boycott ... This love is our regulating ideal and beloved community our ultimate goal. ... boycott was on the front page of Sunday’s morning ... were not seeking an end to segregation through the ...
- Pain In The World Essay, Research Paper LIBERAL PARTY PLATFORM OVERVIEW ... also available in PDF format on the Liberal Party ... rebuild the CBC ? making our communities safer We’ll see that ... tax” on new immigrants. End discrimination against lesbians, gays, ...
- ... History Of Entrepreneurship Essay, Research Paper Entrepreneurship ‘A Balanced ... The Koreans were largely a community of . families, and ... end of December. By the end of ... continue to integrate our society. Large ... Washington Press, 1974). Franda, Marcus F. (ed.). ...
- ... Flow And Globalisation Essay, Research Paper In this paper, DR. ARUP RATAN ... basic and essential, and end with woman transformed by ... by many of our community, to our history, to our cultural tradition? ... their cultural heritage ?in front of the English?, Britain ...