Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Coyotito Essay, Research Paper
Kino: A prototypical Mexican-Indian who works as a pearl diver, he begins the story as a devoted father and husband to Coyotito and Juana, respectively. Kino is the central character of the story, an Œeveryman’ who finds himself becoming increasingly violent, paranoid and defiant as he faces opposition from others after he finds the pearl, and resorts to assaulting Juana and murdering those who threaten him.
Juana: The mother of Coyotito and the wife of Kino, Juana is, as her name suggests, the representation of woman for Steinbeck in the story. She dutifully supports her husband, despite his worsening treatment of her, but warns him against the dangers that the pearl can bring to the family. Juana remains steadfast throughout the story and devoted to maintaining her family. She even refuses to obey Kino when he suggests that they take separate paths to avoid the trackers.
Coyotito: The infant son of Kino and Coyotito, after he is stung by a scorpion, the doctor refuses to treat him because his parents have no money. Although Juana seemingly cures him with a seaweed poultice, he receives treatment from the doctor only after Kino finds the pearl. When Kino and Juana are hunted by trackers after escaping La Paz, one of the trackers shoots Coyotito in the head as they hide in a cave.
The Doctor: A fat, complacent man who is not from the same race as Kino and Juana, he refuses to treat Coyotito for a scorpion sting when Kino and Juana cannot pay enough. However, once he learns that Kino has found the Pearl of the World, he treats the healed Coyotito after leading Kino and Juana to believe that Coyotito may suffer unseen consequences from the bite. Seemingly interested in stealing the pearl, the doctor is not of the same race as Kino and Juana, and longs for his days in Paris.
Juan Tomas: The brother of Kino and the husband of Apolonia, he warns Kino against the disastrous consequences that he faces from finding the pearl. Juan Tomas hides Kino and Juana in his house after Kino murders a man in self-defense.
Apolonia: The fat wife of Juan Tomas, Apolonia allows Kino and Juana to hide in her house after Kino murders a man in self-defense.
- Universal Product Code Essay, Research Paper Last year on a camping trip ... and vertically. PDF417 holds 1,800 characters in an area the size ... each end of the row, and five message characters between them in Code ...
- Motion Picture Code Essay, Research Paper The economic downturns of the ... was to turn the gangster character into a law enforcement officer. The ... will continue on. The themes, characters, landscapes, and mythologies of the ...
- ... Pearl Essay, Research Paper Character Analysis of Kino from “The Pearl” Kino, a character from ... After a scorpion had stung Coyotito, Kino prayed that he would ... is not about saving Coyotito anymore, for he is ... to attack the trackers Coyotito lets out a cry ...
- The Hobbitt Essay, Research Paper CHARACTER INTRODUCTION BILBO BAGGINS: The Hobbit ... Gandalf, a wizard, stops by to chat with Bilbo. He informs Bilbo ... book a lot. The author uses characters that appear only in fairy ...
- Essay On Hacking Essay, Research Paper In the following file, all ... lower- case. Login; is a 1-8 character field. It is usually the ... the computer is). Password: is a 1-8 character password assigned by the sysop ... you wish to chat with) To exit chat mode try ctrl ...