Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Twelve Angry Men Essay, Research Paper
In the story “Twelve Angry Men”, Reginald Rose shows how making one’s own
decisions is one very important aspect in life. He also showed that one’s decisions should
not be impeded by stereotypes. I believe that the jury reached the right verdict because
the witnesses were disproven along with all of the evidence.
The first reason is that the witnesses were proven to be wrong. For example,
there was an el train passing by the old man’s window at the time of the murder. He
couldn’t have been able to hear the murder taking place. The old man was not as much of
a reliable source as he was originally thought to be. In addition, the woman that lived
across the street from the boy did not wear her glasses to bed the night of the murder.
She couldn’t have been able to know for a fact that the boy was the real murderer. The
woman’s testimony is not strong enough to condemn the boy to death. With the two key
witnesses having been discredited, the case against the boy was very weak.
The other reason is that the evidence was proven to be not as significant as it was
once thought to be. For example, Juror Eight bought a knife exactly like the one used in
the murder. The original knife was not as special or unique as it was portrayed to be in
the trial. Any person could have bought a knife just like the original one and used it to
murder the father. Furthermore, Juror Two said that he thought that the stab wound was
too high up for the boy to have inflicted. Someone taller than the boy must have
committed the murder. With the new ideas that are being brought up by the jurors, the
boy seems to become a less likely suspect. As the deliberation goes on, the “hard
evidence” against the boy seems to loose its integrity.
With the evidence down the drain and the witnesses without any truely sound
testimony, the jury had no choice but to vote not guilty in my opinion. The knife wasn’t
one of a kind, the old man couldn’t have heard the murder, and the woman could have
seen the murder taking place. There was no case against the boy.
- Twelve Angry Men Essay, Research Paper Twelve Angry Men This play is about twelve jurors who are to ... identical knives, the woman in her apartment saying she saw ... is still 11 to 1 in the favor of guilty. Juror ... vote is unanimous twelve to none in the favor of ...
- Twelve Angry Men Essay, Research Paper May 20, 1999 Twelve Angry Men In the film Twelve Angry Men, I believe justice was served. Without ... prove to the one opposing man that justice would only ... proved this man wrong by using his personal experiences in life to ...
- Twelve Angry Men Essay, Research Paper 1. The evidence presented in court was pretty strong. ... through a window. A man in the apartment below the boys ... . After that the man ran to the door ... This movie developed a conscience. In the beginning the jurors were ...
- Movie: Twelve Angry Men Essay, Research Paper Movie: Twelve Angry Men The movie Twelve Angry Men begins with an eighteen ... . A jury of twelve men are locked in the deliberation room to ... comprehend the boys feelings. One man in particular, Juror #3 (Lee J. Cobb ...
- The Twelve Angry Men Essay, Research Paper 12 Angry Men A nineteen-year-old boy has ... unfair and inequitable in practice. This case portrayed in Twelve Angry Men provides its audience ...