Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Drunk Comparison Essay, Research Paper
After around two hours in a bar the way I carry myself is definitely different from the time I walked in. I’ve never considered myself much of a drinker, especially before I came to college. I had never appreciated the way beer had tasted, or it could have been only because I was exposed to some of the more disgusting ones. When I lived in my hometown only a few months earlier I attended tons of parties. Most of them were always hosted by the fellow alcoholic teenagers, and supplied the cheapest beer they could get hold of. I can recall filling my cup with the foamy cold beer that poured from the tap, and sipping it for hours. “I just don’t like beer!” I would reply to my male friends when asked why I wasn’t drinking much. After a few hours at the party I would realize that I was the most sober one there.
The first day I came to Fredonia, I went to check the bars out. I first drank a few beers I recognized and then asked around for the names of some mixed drinks. The first one I tried was a Blue Whale; I loved it. I figured; if one mixed drink tasted good I’m sure that others would too. Drinking had finally turned into something that was fun to me. Now after partying for a few hours, I was no longer the sober one in the group.
Comparison and Contrast
On my way to a party or a bar I am completely sober. I am
aware of the surroundings around me and am capable of walking in a straight line. When I speak, my language is pretty much perfect and everyone has a clear understanding of what I am trying to say. In my mind I know what is exactly going on and concentrating on something is easy. Knowing that I am on my way to a party or bar I tend to be excited. I am usually energetic and hyper; realizing that I will finally be having fun after all the work I had done during the week. As I continue to make my way to my destination I am aware that the way I feel and think will most likely change by the end of the night.
Once to the location I was headed for I start the night off with a couple drinks. Allowing the alcohol to enter my stomach only begins the side effects. After finishing the first few drinks it is obvious from my physical features that I have been drinking. I notice that the color of my cheeks change from a peach tint to bright red. By continuing to poison my system other physical effects begin to happen, such as a slouching posture. Around a half an hour after my cheeks turn a different color my head begins to grow heavy. I will usually swing it around slowly
Comparison and Contrast
with a drunken smile across my face. My body tends to lean against anything that will hold it up. Consciously I am aware of
what I am doing as I was hours before; except I find that I don’t care as much.
When attempting to have a conversation with someone I try harder than usual to pay attention. Occasionally I get distracted easily when under the influence. My judgement isn’t always as great as it is in the usual state of mind. I often believe that I can drink more than I can handle. By continuing to drink it effects my walking. No longer am I able to walk the straight line or touch my nose in sequence. I often stumble and stare towards the ground. I am not as energetic as I had been a few hours before, instead my eyes grow heavy and I look forward to finding my bed. Unfortunately all the alcohol I placed in my stomach decides to get back at me. More often than not I usually find myself throwing up not only what I had to drink, but also the meals I ate that day.
To be honest, by drinking I turn into a totally different person. I can no longer act the same as I could when I was sober. Even though I try as hard as I can, it is still obvious that I am performing an act. When I leave the party or bar I am
Agel Pg. 4
Comparison and Contrast
ware that the way I carry myself is far different from the time I
- Marijuana Essay, Research Paper Marijuana Marijuana has been ... consumption. But in Singapore and Malaysia it’s another story. There ... However, insiders say the comparison was scientifically sound and that ... the surveys reported they drank frequently, one-half said ...
- Causes Of Alcoholism Essay, Research Paper Alcoholism is considered to ... affected by it (Malik, 2000). However, research for a cure for ... they take their first drink and that these early ... was supported in a comparison of alcohol-induced stress attenuation ...
- Asian Families Essay, Research Paper Being the biggest continent ... in Asia. Even in comparison from country to country, ... of Time International Magazine, Malaysia?s Finance Minister Anwar Ibrahim ... them, they ?spiked her drink?and attempted to smuggle her ...
- Murder: Exotic Disease Essay, Research Paper Murder is the most ... shockingly cruel and inhuman. In comparison to Clifford Olson, he ... a police officer, approached Carol DaRonch one night. He stated that ... with the murders of Melissa Smith and Caryn Campbell ...
- Wendt V. Host Essay, Research Paper US Court of Appeals ... -eat-dog world, and I’m wearing Milk Bone underwear.” 2 “There’s no ... because the district court’s comparison of photographs of appellants Wendt ... `Hey George, I just had a drink with you in Kansas City ...