Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
A day at the beach
I run down the boardwalk, not worrying about getting splinters in my tender
feet. Every ten or fifteen feet I stop, sometimes to smell the salty sea air, but
mostly to wait for my parents who plod along behind carrying chairs, coolers, and
other beach paraphernalia. I yell back to them to hurry, and they reply that I can
run ahead and find a good spot. I yelp with glee and run as fast as my little legs
will carry me. I stop where the dark, brown of the boardwalk meets the light,
white of the beach. My dad warned me about how hot the sand can get. I
cautiously take a step forward testing the sand, OUCH, he was right. What am I
gonna do now, in my six year old eyes the water seems to be a mile away. Again I
look out to the ocean which seems to stretch for days in all directions. I am
determined to reach it, no matter what sacrifices I must make. I step forward again
testing the sand, still white hot. I pull my courage from the corners of my being
and make a run for it. This isn’t so bad if I run really fast. The wind blows in my
face, bringing with it that smell, almost a taste of the ocean. It seems to be a
combination of fish, salt, people, and water all mixed into one. I continue to run
until I reach the water’s edge where the waves crash upon the beach, making the
white sand brown and hard. I sit down on the sand, panting after my enormous
effort. Something troubling pulls at the edge of my mind, but I ignore it. A wave
rolls up to the beach, crashing around me, wetting me hot body. I dig my body
into the moistened ground, covering my legs and arms with the cool, wet sand. I
hear my mom calling to me to come up to the umbrella. I turn back to look at her,
as I do so the little thing at the edge of my mind suddenly dawns on me. I made it
out to the water, now I must make my way back.
- Day at the beachI passed the sandbag onto the next person, I began to think about the awesomeness of ... day. People from all over had banded together at the Lake St. Croix Beach ... to help the residents of the town and shoreline. The ...
- A Day At The Park Essay, Research Paper A Day at the Park It was a day I was subconsciously waiting my ... when she would bring him back to our seats, he?d ... down in his baby book, with the ticket taped in as ... of August 8th as the day of the greatest game I ever ...
- The Bacchi Essay, Research Paper Man, supposing you and I, ... at the festival, the two sons passed away. While the story is about the death of two ... true that the Greeks felt that it is better to die well ... then to live long and have a poor death, the ...
- A Day In The Sun Essay, Research Paper Who would have ever ... the ditch and then decided on a course that we will run. At the ... start I?m in the lead going in to ... as I could, I fly over the handlebars and the bike comes crashing down on ...
- A Night At The Ballpark Essay, Research Paper A Night at the Ballpark What a great ... was a hot, muggy, August day in 1990. I was nine ... commanding lead.We were back into the infield and I was ... wet newspaper, and I walked back to the dugout without any words. I ...