Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
From A Teen s Point Of View
If you are like me, you have sat through several graduation ceremonies where the
speakers try to inspire the students by telling them that they are the hope of tomorrow. If
there is one thing I have learned it is that young people are really the hope of today.
Through courage, will, and wisdom, everyone can accomplish any sort of goal in
Most adults don t see the quality in teens, but the quantity. And that brings teens
down to believe they are not capable of reaching their goals. Without encouragement on
cannot achieve what they have proposed themselves to. This is common among coaches,
parents, and sometimes even friends. This is the last thing teens need on their mind. With
school/sports, family/friends, love/relationships, teens need all the support they can
A lot of the problems that teens encounter themselves with usually start at home.
Sometimes parents don t make enough time for them, or in other cases make too much
time for them. It can be pretty discouraging when parents fail to consider their teens point
of view. Sometimes parents feel like they know what s best for them and so they may not
take the time to listen to their opinions. Although parents might be doing this out of
genuine concern for our well being, it doesn t leave much room for our thoughts to be
We say parents and teachers are always the one s putting pressure over us. But
what about our own friends. Peer pressure can be pretty powerful. In fact, on the survey I
did at school, only 12% of teens said their friends do NOT influence them on what they
think and do. On the other hand, 55% said their peers influence them on what they do
somewhat , 28% said their peers influence them a lot , and 5% said their peers influence
them completely . Sometimes we feel obligated to do something when we are with a
group of people, it s really hard to do your own thing. Sometimes the most influential
person can be your boy/girlfriend.
It s true sometimes the hardest person to say NO to, is your loved one. But you
have to let out your own self and show them how strong you can be. When you get too
attached to that person you can pass up great opportunities and afterwards when the
person leaves, regret it. Love can be seen as the most beautiful thing in the world. But is
it? Not when others oppose your relationship, and tell you what to do. Sometimes people
want moralism to stand as fact. This is what they believe in, as opposed to what s effective
or right, or what people really do. You should judge for yourself what s right or wrong
rather then blindly following old moral lessons. You must strive to be your own person,
your own teenager, despite what society s old moves may dictate.
Most of the time teenager s find their own self, accomplish their goals, and strive
for excellence, but what happens to those who don t? they are lost in the world of hate,
crime, prejudice, and loneliness. At least the one s who have made it know that they can
accomplish whatever it is they want. The world has to understand that we are beginners in
the outside world, and we will make mistakes, and we will fix them. But in order for that
to happen they have to let us live, and look at life from a teens point of view.
- Thief Of Time Analysis Essay, Research Paper A Thief of Time, published in 1988 by HarperCollins ... a great deal about them. +Through Chee and Leaphorn, Hillerman describes the Navajo ... reminded him of Emma, his love. Leaphorn took the case of the ...
- The Ever-Changing American Culture Essay, Research Paper The Ever-changing American Culture ... being thrust upon them, while they themselves cannot live our life of freedom ... of child support (Lieberman 25). Also, more than one million children under ...
- Damsels In Address Essay, Research Paper Damsels in Address It ... and begin to intertwine them with their own budding ... behaviors and psychology presented to them in fairy tales. Passive ... epitomized by Marcia Lieberman to support the notion of love, success, ...
- About Liberia Essay, Research Paper Liberia is a republic in western ... , emboldened by a court decision recognizing them as an opposition party, openly ... up, the Liberian Peace Council (LPC) and the Lofa Defense Force (LDF ...
- Understanding Essay, Research Paper Understanding In a world of many ... point of view. Lubrano’s father at one time experienced what his son ... settled into a life of pre-scripted routine” (468). Lubrano’s father knew what ...