Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Dreams Essay, Research Paper
For my independent study topic I researched dreams. There are many different approaches
philosophers have taken to explain dreams and what they mean. I will go through a couple of
them. Many of you may be asking yourself ?why do I dream??, there are several answers to that
question. The first in the physiological set. We dream in order to exercise our brains. When you?re
awake, messages are constantly speeding among all your billions of brain cells to keep you
moving and thinking and digesting an so on. So the idea is that when you?re asleep, dreams
exercise the ?pathways? between brains cells. A couple of ideas that might help this make sense
are; the first couple of years of your life are the most intense for learning which is also when you
have the greatest amount of REM sleep?which means your dreaming a lot. Another thing is your
brain waves during REM sleep look about the same as your brain waves while your awake.
During other parts of sleep, the brain waves look very different (a lot slower)
There is also a psychological set of ideas about why we dream. Since psychology has to do with
your thoughts and emotions it has been said dreams are actually about immediate concerns in our
lives. In the bible and within a lot of cultures dreams are thought to be prophetic, which means
they can predict the future. Sigmund Freud a famous philosopher gave us a lot of ideas on how
our minds work and was very interested in interpreting dreams. He thought dreams contained
symbols hidden deep within our minds and memories.
Dreaming Process Net
- Dreams Essay, Research Paper “I don’t use drugs, my dreams are frightening enough.” ( ... prevalent today is that dreams result from the physiological ... dreamer can interpret these dreams. After these theories, ... side-effect are the dreams we experience. The ...
- Dreams Essay, Research Paper 1 ? 11 ? 2001 ?DREAMS? ~ An Analysis The poem ?Dreams? by Cecil Frances Alexander portrays ...
- Dreams Essay, Research Paper I ts 10:00 p.m. and you ... question that this paper will answer, is what are dreams, and what ... said that dreams do hold their own individual meaning. Each dream is ... Center in Chicago. Her research finds that dreams allow our brains to ...
- Dreams Essay, Research Paper Dreams We go to ... of dreams “ordinary dreams and big dreams” (Mossdreams). Big dreams are ... – elect of a sleep research organization. He enjoys studying stages ... just started writing this paper I just say “dreams” as an interesting ...
- Dreams Essay, Research Paper The paper provides the basic knowledge of dreams, their significance in our ... forbidden. Thus, dreams appear to people in disguise with each object and ... should know about men s dreams. Whenever a woman dreams of meeting a former ...