Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Johnny Tremain Essay, Research Paper
Imagine being back in the colony of
Massachusetts before the Revolutionary war. As you walk
down the streets of Boston, you meet a young man named
Johnny Tremain. After listening to his story, you think of the
different ways you could describe him. You could describe
him by his looks, by his personality, and by the talents he
portrays. His character is so interesting that it’s hard to
describe his skilled talents, his complex personality, and his
adored physical features. As you remember the tale of his
hardships and fate, you know that Johnny Tremain will stand
in your mind forever. Standing alone on the wharf next to his
magnificent house, you see a thin, light haired, light
complected young man. There are many ways you can
describe the way Johnny Tremain looks. You can tell by the
way he stands, so proud, that he is around 15 years old.
You can see that he’s strong but he’s also frightened. As you
move your eyes towards what’s behind him you notice that
his hand is crippled and was probably burned. Your eyes
meet his and they’re a piercing blue. You are so struck by
his looks you can’t wait to go talk to him and find out about
his personality traits. Johnny Tremain’s personality was very
fascinating, and it was most intriguing to read about how he
changed from a bossy, impatient boy, into a thoughtful,
patient gentleman. Even though he was a skilled worker, he
was proud, and full of arrogance. But after his terrible
tragedy, his rude character died in the birth and death room,
and Johnny was reborn as a more patient and caring person.
He still won’t take pity from anyone, but on the inside he is
probably crying out for help. Although he has no one to talk
to, he does have special talents that help keep him going
strong. Before Johnny burned his hand working on a sugar
basin, he was a skilled silversmith. Imagine burning your right
hand and losing many of your talents, such as writing or
using an ax. After practicing, he painfully learned to use his
left hand to use an ax. He also learned to legibly write, but it
used to be better before his accident. Now Johnny diligently
works for a newspaper called the Boston Observer. He
regularly rides his horse, Goblin, and faithfully delivers the
newspapers. Delivering notes for the British officers proved
to be a profitable part of his routine. As the day ends, you
have enjoyed spending time with Johnny. Now you know so
much about him, you feel it impossible to name all of his
qualities. But that only shows how complex he was. After
Johnny’s accident, he was able to compensate for his losses
by practicing hard. Johnny likes to flirt with the girls, but
Cilla is the one he really likes. Instead of learning to be a
silversmith, he rides his horse, Goblin, and delivers
newspapers for the Boston Observer. Johnny Tremain’s
personality was very intriguing and all of his talents and
personality made you very interested in him. As you walk
away you see him walking towards the west like a new sun
- American Prohibition Essay, Research Paper “After one year from ... and it’s not hard to imagine that these under paid workers ... “Men like Bugsy Siegel helped turn crime into a big business; ... start with Johnny Torrio in Chicago (Allen 261). He, being a business ...
- J.D. Salinger Vs. S.E. Hinton Essay, Research Paper Imagine this: you write a novel, ... to discuss them as human beings. Jerome David Salinger was ... Bob.) Ponyboy and Johnny run away, go on a train, and find a ... year-old boy who is being dismissed from his prep ...
- ... Up For Manhood Essay, Research Paper Under-privileged, African ... about reinforcing rules. Being that it was ... tennis shoes from “Johnny’s Bargain Store” and ... way I could ever imagine having to completely wear ... Everyone chooses to train and socialize their ...
- Death Penalty Essay, Research Paper March 31, ... , also refuse to turn over defendants who might ... a retarded Texas inmate, Johnny Paul Penry. Since then, ... 15 years without being detected. Law enforcement ... the most traitorous actions imaginable.” He said the F.B.I. ...
- B.F. Skinner Essay, Research Paper B.F. Skinner Psychologist, ... you can finally imagine the tarantula while ... removing a tumor, and being rewarded with prestige and a ... Johnny performs a certain behavior, you are doing negative reinforcement. If you turn ...