Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Frankenstein By Mary Shelly Essay, Research Paper
Frankenstein-by Mary Shelley
Victor Frankenstein has always been fascinated by nature. By the time he was in his late teens he was at a school of science. This school sparked his obsession with recreating human life. This was not an easy task because of the minuteness of the organs, etc, which forced him to design an oversized human, about eight feet tall. After many unhealthy months of labor, he finally achieved his goal. The hideous creature sat up and grinned at Victor. Victor fled immediately.
When he returned to his chamber he was happy to not find the monster. Two years passed and he got a letter from his father telling him his youngest brother, William, had been murdered. He began his miserable trip back home. On the way home he saw a giant beast running from a barn. He realized this was his creation and he was the murderer. An innocent woman (framed by the Monster) and a great friend of Elizabeth (Victor?s cousin and future wife), was executed for the murder. This devastated the family (especially Victor, who accused himself). He set of to put an end to this creation.
Victor finally met up with his monster in the mountains near a glacier. Here he listened to the monster?s story. How he studied and grew to love this family living in a cottage. He wanted so immensely to be a part of their love and smiles. He learned their language and how to write (by listening to them teach an Arabian relative). After a very long time he walked into the cottage when only the blind old man was there and tried to befriend him. He was very persuasive until the children and the woman returned. The boy attacked the Monster. He could have killed the boy, but, out of love, ran. The family soon moved leaving the Monster so incredibly depressed and heart-broken that he suddenly hated the human kind. But, most of all, he hated his creator for making in the first place. He set out to Geneva, where he know Victor lived.
He was almost there when he found a little boy. He thought he could make friends with him (because of his young, unprejudiced mind) until he discovered he was the son of his hated creator. He murdered him, and took the boy?s locket and put it in the pocket of the soon-to-be-executed woman sleeping in a barn.
At the conclusion of his story he persuaded Frankenstein to create a female for him. In the middle of Victor?s progress of making the female he stopped, realizing what could happen if he finished, and destroyed his work. This angered the Monster so greatly that he swore to make Frankenstein the most miserable person in the world. He murdered Frankenstein?s best friend Henry Cerval, and nearly has Frankenstein executed for the murder. He waited for the wedding night of Victor and Elizabeth and murdered Elizabeth that night. Victor?s father was so morbidly depressed soon died. The only reason Frankenstein didn?t kill himself was out of the rage and thirst to get a bitter revenge on this evil creation.
He pursued him up into the north and was, after a very long chase on dog-sleds, was nearly killed by breaking ice and rescued by a ship. He laid there and recovered from his sickness enough to tell his entire tale to Robert Walton. He quickly got very sick and eventually died. That night Frankenstein?s monster came to see him in his death-bed. He met Walton, who hated him very much, and told him of the rage he felt, and how his objective was nearly over.. all he has to do now is kill himself. He would do this by going up to the northern-most part of the globe (where no one could see him) and set fire to his miserable self. He leapt out of the boat window onto some ice and disappeared into the darkness.
- Frankenstein As Mary Shelly Essay, Research Paper FRANKENSTEIN as Mary Shelley In the dramatic story, Frankenstein, one man s search for ... K. Possessing Nature : The Female in Frankenstein. Frankenstein. By Mary Shelley. New York: W.W. Norton and ...
- Mary Shelly Essay, Research Paper Thesis: Mary Shelley has become ... famous novels. Shelly had written Frankenstein in order to ... be a mistake to call Frankenstein a pioneer work of science fiction. Shelly ... as her novel Frankenstein, will always be regarded as one ...
- Mary Shelly Essay, Research Paper The year is 1797 and Mary Wollstonecraft gives birth to a baby ... by logic or by scientific examination. Mary Shelley showed this in her book Frankenstein ... book Frankenstein was a great book. It is considered to be the greatest ...
- Frankenstien, Mary Shelly Essay, Research Paper At first glance, the monster in Frankenstein is a symbol of evil ... “A creature that wreaks havoc by destroying innocentlives often without remorse ... a friend, but wasabandoned by Victor making it almost impossible ...
- Frankenstein-Mary Shelly Essay, Research Paper In this novel, the human ... learn exactly how women scare Frankenstein by examining the thoughts and feelings ... as men. By making Frankenstein destroy the female creature Shelly is showing that ...