Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Descriptive Portrait Essay, Research Paper
Have you ever had someone in your life who helped you figure
out who who you were? Someone who showed you the right path.
Someone who was there right next you even if you did not take
that path. Someone who always seemed to be right, but never held
it against you when you were not. Someone whom without your life
would most likely be entirely different. I have. Her name was
Melissa was more than my neighbor. She was more than my
mentor. She was my best friend. Melissa lived three houses down
from me when I moved into a new neighborhood. She made moving to
a new neighborhood alot easier. She was one of those people who
was friends with everybody. She was friends with everyone because
she was so special. She was always in a good mood, always had
something pleasant to say, and no matter what was going on, she
could get you to smile.
Melissa was a few years older than me but we were both
young. I was in the fifth grade and she was in junior high when
we met. She was tall for her age and practically towered over me.
She almost always kept her long golden hair pulled back into a
pony tail because she was a bit of a tomboy and liked to be
athletic. But when she let it down and it waved in the gentle
breeze, there was no doubt she was a girl. Her facial features
were very soft, yet if you met her once, you would never forget
her name. She also had the deepest green eyes that would sparkle
so bright when she flashed her pearly white teeth, she could
light up an entire room. Which she often did.
Everywhere she was, there would be laughter, smiles and
happiness spreading out like some sort of delightful virus. She
would listen to you. She would be your friend, even if she just
met you. I can not remember a time when she had something
unpleasant to say about someone. That was one of many valuable
lessons I learned from her and have made apart of my life.
She seemed to know everything. Anytime I had a perplexing
question I knew she would know what to tell me. Her wisdom
spanned several subjects. Everything from the textbook things
they wanted me to learn in school, to the life lessons that there
are no textbooks for.
She taught me by example. She showed me that getting mad,
upset, angry or so irate that I allowed myself to be controlled
by my emotions. She was always calm, patient, and even tempered
when faced with people who were less than pleasant to be around.
I learned from watching her deal with people that being nice
never fails. And I learned from watching her deal with the
situations life would present that as long as you gave everything
you had to give and never quit, you could never be beat.
Melissa was a truly amazing friend. She was a true friend. I
could always depend on her being there for me with the right
words of advice. Even if I did not want to hear what she was
saying. She had been exactly where I was and she knew how
perilous the journey of adolescence could be. She informed and
guided me in my choices. Yet she never forced anything on me. My
mistakes were for me to make. But she would be right there to
steer me back once I realized what I had done.
I know for a fact that my life and my attitudes toward life
would be different if I had never known Melissa. There were so
many times in my life where I would have been completely lost
without her kind words and soft voice there to soothe and
shepherd me. Even though Melissa is not around anymore, she is
still with me. In my attitudes and actions everyday of my life.
I could never forget what she showed me. And I would never want
- Description Of Historical Painting Essay, Research Paper Allegory of Charles I of ... upon and in this portrait they were neglected from ... few pieces of blank writing paper. The glasses could possibly ... is focused upon this portrait. Though other parts contain ...
- Silas Marner Essay, Research Paper ^^^^^^^^^^ GEORGE ELIOT: THE AUTHOR ... step forward. Behind this simple portrait of country life lies a ... , his sect is a portrait of the fanatical Evangelical or ... which he enjoyed. Her description of Dane’s views is sarcastic ...
- Greek Art Essay, Research Paper Greek art is a very ... APELLES, are known only through description. The Hellenistic period began ... and calm pose create a powerful portrait of this pious ruler. A ... and calm pose create a powerful portrait of this pious ruler. A ...
- Degas In New Orleans Essay, Research Paper Christopher S. Price 10/7/1998 ... quality of his work. Each portrait of his three cousins: ... Degas provides us a brief description of the painting: In it ... spares no detail in each individual portrait. At first glance, ...
- James Joyce Essay, Research Paper Stephen Dedalus, the main ... of Joyce himself. In A Portrait of the Artist as a Young ... the second chapter in A Portrait, we find Stephen associating feminine ... from this encounter. Joyce’s description of the room, the obscene ...