Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Ambivalence Of Abortion Essay, Research Paper
The Ambivalence of Abortion
Whether or not abortion is morally right or wrong, the fact remains that a woman
has the right to make her own decisions. If a woman decides to have an abortion
it is her right to do as she pleases with her body. It is understandable that
many may disagree with abortion being legal, but that is no reason not to allow
others to have a different opinion. Nevertheless, the question of whether
abortion is morally right should be left up the conscience of the woman whom is
making the decision and not through judging eyes not going through the same
situation. There are more pros than cons to having an abortion. For instance, a
woman with a family of four who are barely surviving discovers she is pregnant.
She decides to have an abortion because she cant afford the baby. That might
have saved the world of another sad story of a mother abusing and neglecting her
unwanted child. Unfortunately, sometimes a mother can run the risk of death if
they go through with the pregnancy. Would it be fair to let the mother of two
young children die because SOME PEOPLE don’t believe in abortion? On the other
hand, it may be true that young women are taking advantage of the fact that they
can easily have an abortion. Some say they are substituting birth control with
abortion. Nevertheless, no one ever said we can’t place restrictions on
abortion but we can’t let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch. The fact remains
that although some might take advantage of the situation, it is unconstitutional
to deny the opportunity to someone who REALLY has no other alternative but
abortion. Every woman (and person) has the right to make their own decisions.
No one has the right to deny another of their own opinion. Some may not believe
in or agree with abortion and that’s perfectly fine but it does not give them
the right to deny others of the option. Finally, a woman has the right to
decide whether or not to have an abortion and whether or not to feel guilty
about it. Although abortion is legal, it doesnt mean you have to like it, agree
with it, or have one. It just means that there are others who do agree with it
and have the constitutional right to make their own decisions. In conclusion,
every woman has the right to have abortion as an option. Ambivalence: The state
of having conflicting attitudes or feelings, as love and hate, about the same
thing at the same time.
- ... , but the research supporting it is there. From the time of just after the abortion to ... seen by the parents – worries about future pregnancies, ambivalence about abortion itself, and ...
- ... The dictionary definition of reality is the following: Reality is the state of things ... Island because of the popularity of this new genre of reality shows. ... argue are ambivalent. The issue of abortion, adultery i.e. Monica Lewinsky, the price of gas, child ...
- The Handmaids Tale Essay, Research Paper Many ... The defeat of the Equal Rights Amendment, the rise of the religious right, the election of ... the same patt ern as other themes in this novel: ambivalence ... Her opponents in the abortion demonstrations must have ...
- Social Science Essay, Research Paper LAW, SOCIAL SCIENCE, LITERATURE, LAW ... know, if nothing else, the purging of abortion rights would mean either a circumscribed ... he should not. Part 3: The Ambivalent Allure of the Erotic In October, four first ...
- ... between the pros and cons of abortion predictably leads to a standstill of opinion. Each ... I discovered the details of the act, as a result of researching for this paper, I was ... of the issue or the other. I realize that my ambivalence is a result of a lack of ...