Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
?Speak To The Hand? By Lakita Garth Essay, Research Paper
Our group chose ?Speak To The Hand? by Lakita Garth. This song talks about the health
risks of casual sex, and sexual encounters. We chose it because of it?s positive message
and the good results that would take place in the event this concept would be heeded. We
also chose it because of it?s rapid, up beat tempo that stimulates movement, which is an
excellent way to keep fit.
First of all, the message that is being exhibited is that abstinence should be
exercised, no sex is the safest sex and that excuses will not protect you from reality. It
presents all the defenses employed such as, dysfunctional family, no will power, been
incarcerated, peer pressure, it?s only their ?job?, they needed the money, they ?were going
to get married eventually?, it?s ?their body it?s their choice? and even that ?whatever
happens, happens?. ?Speak To The Hand? lets you know that excuses are not O.K., and
says that ?If you know who you are and what you are supposed to do then you wouldn?t
continue to do what you do?. It urges listeners to ?seek and find?, ?to not let their eyes go
blind? and to ?not let the wrong things influence their minds?. Examples of this would be
sexually stimulating movies, ads, friends, television programs, magazines, music or
Many bad aftereffects can be produced by chance intimate relationships. Among
these are unwanted pregnancy, spread of disease, virus or infection or mental damages.
The most irrepressible effect is the chance of disease. The many afflictions that you leave
yourself open for are innumerable. An example of this would be, Acquired Immune
Deficiency Syndrome, or AIDS, that eventually would deteriorate your immune system.
Also, there?s Herpes that causes sores on the genitals, Chlamydia which causes pain while
urinating and severe lower abdominal pain or Gonorrhea which causes pelvic
Another reason this song was chosen was because of it?s accelerated tempo. A
rapid beat, accompanied by a positive message influences mood which is a fundamental
piece of holistic health. It motivates you to move by dance, which is an excellent form of
exercise. Exercise speeds the rate oxygen reaches the bloodstream, which causes clearer,
faster more efficient thinking, makes you feel and look more healthy and even increases
In conclusion, ?Speak To The Hand? by Lakita Garth is a positive and enriching
song that although teaches right from wrong, does so in a non-preaching and
non-lecturing manner. It is a outstanding way to reach people and educate them on the
dangers and trouble that may result from unplanned and out-of-wedlock sexual
- ... speech to the jury uses conflicting ideas to arouse and keep the interest of the jurors. By ... the victim by implying that Tom, is also a victim. On the other hand ... equal; it is the ?great reveler?, our court ... of the last sentence of his speech, Atticus told the ...
- ... to be turned down. He pushed aside the bushes, breaking off with his great hand ... out, Then took the great adventure by the hand And lead him from the fire. Nearest ... riches to last ten generations. Now, by the gods, I drove my big hand spike Deep in the ...
- ... aspired to reach the opposite that was to be as close as possible to the matter ... represents at least two parts of speech in English – the verb and the noun. Thus ... implementing addition. On the other hand, Russian possesses a great number of some expressive ...
- ... she should not be able to write a speech. 39 However, the board’s reaction ... lost control of the school board and the district because of the rapid growth in the ... educationally conservative administrators. The progressives, on the other hand, realized that they ...
- ... statement speak for itself. The author does not demonstrate the logic ... provision to guard against the destruction of the species by any, the least, change.”3 The only problem, the article ... in the acceptance of the scientific method went hand in hand with the ...