Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Shua Essay, Research Paper
Reflection Paper on Shua
1. The movie Shua opens with John 1:14. This passage is an appropriate
opening for the movie because the passage describes Jesus becoming God?s word
in the flesh. It describes Jesus as God?s actually son, that Jesus is the
savior of the world and through Him we gain salvation. It also says that Jesus
is human and he too does make mistakes and has feelings.
2. As the film began, the film felt happy. I thought that the movie was cute
and funny. As the film went on, the atmosphere of the film went to happy to
sadness and it ended that way. The turn of events from fun little jokes to a
terrible reality made me very sad. The way Jesus was treated was terrible. I was
very touched by all that happened to Shua, I almost felt like crying. I don?t
think any person should ever go through what Shua and his friends went through.
It was just terrible.
3. At first, I thought Shua was a nice boy. He cared about others and seemed
to have the biggest heart anyone could ever have. My impression of Shua didn?t
change much as the story when on. I think he stayed almost the same throughout
most of the whole play. Where he made the most change was at the end, when he
gained all his confidence, when he actually became the man most people know him
4. The portrayal of Jesus in this play made me realize that Jesus really was
human. He did have feelings and went through so much before he reached his true
self, and even then, he went through a lot. I never really saw Jesus that way
before. I never really thought of Him as human. The new insight that I gained
from Jesus and His ministry is that Jesus sacrificed himself for our benefit. He
didn?t have to do it, He chose to do it because He loved us enough to die for
5. What I see in Jesus that gives me happiness and peace is the face that He
is watching over us. Jesus comforts us when we are hurting and that fact brings
peace into my heart and helps me realize that one day, our pain will go away and
we will forever be happy with Him. The only thing that disturbs me about what
Jesus taught was when He talks about hell and how terrible it is. Going to hell
is one of my biggest fears.
6. I have never had a certain idea or belief about Jesus. I have always
thought that Jesus was a great man for doing all He did for us, but I have never
though of Him any different than I do now. I believe that Jesus is what everyone
should model themselves to be. If we all followed in the steps of Jesus, this
world would be a much better place than it is now. Jesus helps me to live my
life in a better way. Jesus was nice and sympathetic to all people and I try my
best everyday to be my nicest to everyone and forgive those who have don?t
harm to me before.
7. The only thing that troubled me about the story was people?s cruelty to
Jesus and His friends. The Romans were beasts. They had no hearts. This kind of
makes you wonder what kind of people these Romans were and how can God allow
these kind of people live on His earth and treat His son that way.
Shua: Relating to Today
1. One norm that Shua violated was when he gave the fish his family was going
to eat for Passover to the whole lady who lived outside of town. Another is when
Shua gets up early on Passover and goes to the cross where Joshua was crucified
and tries to give him water, but Joshua is already dead. Shua violates these
norms because he says that the people need him, they need his help.
One norm I find myself violating is a racial norm. I love making friends with
everyone. Some people stick with their ?own kind,? but I don?t. In school,
you?ll see a lot of times all the Hispanic people sticking around with each
other and all the black people sticking around with each other. I, on the other
hand, do not ?hang around? with one particular group. I am friends with
everyone. My best friends are white people. I may be Hispanic, but I don?t
think that knowing this fact should keep me away from being best friends with
everyone. Another norm I tend to violate is the norm of reason. I am an
extremely nice person. Being as nice as I am, I tend to forgive a lot, too. I
have an extremely huge heart. It is impossible for me to hold a grudge. I get
walked on many people, but I don?t care. Many people call me stupid for being
so nice and forgiving, but I see it differently. When I am nice to another
person, it makes me feel good. I enjoy seeing others happy.
2. When Shua shouted that he had no family, I believe he meant that he had no
particular family, that everyone is his family. He might have also said it out
of frustration also. He probably didn?t feel very loved at that moment. I know
there are sometimes that I get angry with my family and I say things that are
mean, but I do get over that and try to make everything all better.
Today, it is common for people to say ?I have no family.? No one really
cares about that fact any more. If people were to hear me yell ?I have no
family,? most people would look at me with pity and try to make me feel
better. Others just might not care. Our society changed from one of trying to
keep and love a family to love of money. All we ever think about is how we can
make more money. The American people hold on to money without question. We see
poor people just as the people in Jesus? time saw the old whore as. We think
poor people are dirty and stinky and we don?t like to go near them. That?s
just wrong. If we all could help out poor people a little, we should.
3. Shua didn?t seem to care much about the Roman oppression. He did what he
needed to do and didn?t let anyone stand in his way, not even the Romans. When
something stands in my way, I go to the people I love and trust to help me out.
I?m a little person and can?t handle everything on my own. I need help with
a lot of things. Having something stand in my way is pretty much a reason for me
to run to my loved ones and have them know how much I love and appreciate their
support. I don?t like being political, but I think that government is a very
big oppressor in our world today. They give us so many limitations, but I guess
it?s for our own good. What Shua did was a very brave thing for him to do.
Anyone who would of wanted to help, I think they would, just like Shua. It?s
just that today, there really isn?t anyone to stand in your way of helping
- Black Psychology Reflection Essay, Research Paper Reflection Paper (II) 1. The participants of ... superior to blacks. To show their superiority they would ... education being taught. I went on a trip last year which ... because; they had the law on their side. 6. The ...
- Trade Show Essay, Research Paper Trade Shows: Making Yours A ... Communications and author of Show & Sell, a book on trade show marketing. “No ... of their time at the show. On the card you could ... If the picture you present reflects outdated values, your company is ...
- Hemmingway Essay, Research Paper Research Paper The central theme in Hemingway ... ” from, In Our Time, show how Hemingway’s struggling relationship with ... on freight trains. Nick who is in fact the reflection ... life with most of it reflecting in his works, he ...
- Truman Show Essay, Research Paper The Truman Show Manipulation and delusion are at ... small town boring, taking place on Seahaven, a diminutive island. Truman believes ... empty story, considered brilliant for reflecting this vacuum of television programming ...
- Movies- Literature Class Essay, Research Paper Final Paper on Movies Romeo and Juliet and ... the major differences start to show. In Romeo and Juliet, ... the members of his gang show up to his side. ... , as does Christian. This reflects Bales falling in love with ...