Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Executive Branch Essay, Research Paper
COMPONENTS OF EXECUTIVE BRANCHES
U.S. EXECUTIVE BRANCH
MARYLAND EXECUTIVE BRANCH
Comptroller and Attorney General
Executive Departments (e.g., Transportation, Health, Natural Resources, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Age – at least 35 years old
Residency – at least 14 years in U.S.
Citizenship – natural-born citizen
Age – at least 30 years old
Residency – a resident and registered voter in Maryland for five years
TERMS OF OFFICE
U.S. PRESIDENT – 4 years
MARYLAND GOVERNOR – 4 years
CABINET AND EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS
Is composed of heads of executive departments
Is appointed by President; confirmed by Senate
Serves as long as appointing President is in office and wants members to serve
U.S. EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS
Administer various areas of government, such as international affairs, national finances, use of resources, etc.
MARYLAND GOVERNOR’S CABINET
Is composed of heads of major departments
Is appointed by Governor; confirmed by State Senate
Serves as long as appointing Governor is in office and wants members to serve
18.104.22.168.12 – Functions and Powers of Executive Branches
The main function of the executive branch is to see that all laws are carried out.
EXECUTIVE BRANCH OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
Approves or vetoes all bills passed by Congress
Commands armed forces
Develops U.S. foreign policy
Appoints ambassadors and federal judges
Proposes laws and programs to Congress
Prepares federal budget
Administers federal programs and services through cabinet departments
EXECUTIVE BRANCH OF THE STATE OF MARYLAND
Carries out state laws and supervises work of executive departments
Approves or vetoes all state bills
Develops state policy and suggests new state laws
Controls state police force and militia
Prepares state budget
Appoints judges and members of state commissions
- Executive Orders Essay, Research Paper Orders Issued by President Bill Clinton What are Executive Orders? Executive ... is the policy of the executive branch of the Government of the United ... foreign nations for the supply of critical components or technology; ...
- The Tobacco Issue: Essay, Research Paper The Tobacco Issue: Where the Responsibility Lies Political-Legal Issues: The ... helps to explain why the executive branch of the U.S. government has also ... times over the years but the program s basic components remain in ...
- Essay on The F.B.I. To uphold the law through the investigation of violations of ... security matters for the executive branch of the government. In the 1960s, civil rights ... these four major areas are components like interviewing techniques, communications, ...
- ... Austria-Hungary Essay, Research Paper Throughout history the struggle for power and ... chancellors in Germany during the same period (5). The executive branch of government did ... both components of the dualistic system ineffective. Neither the monarchy nor the ...
- ... Case Analysis Essay, Research Paper INTRODUCTION History In ... service competencies. The Chief Executive Officer CEO Value ... of the secondary plastic component parts, used in the production ... the postretirement plan and the income taxes were taken to bring the ...