Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Animal Farm Essay
December 2, 1996 Period 5
The name of the book is Animal Farm, which is written by George Orwell.
This book is about a farm with animals who dislike the treatment, and overtake
the farm and overthrow the humans of the farm. As the revolution took place,
two leaders came about. Their names were Snowball and Napoleon, whose main
goal was to have nothing to do with humans, and bring communism into their
“Napoleon was a large, rather fierce-looking Berkshire boar, the only
one of those on the farm. He was not much of a talker, but with a reputation
for getting his own way” (Ch.2, P. 25).
“Snowball was a more vivacious pig than Napoleon, quicker in speech and
more inventive but did not have the character depth that Napoleon did” (Ch.2,
Pgs. 24-25.) Snowball was the one with the ideas like the committees and the
windmill. He was a better thinker than Napoleon.
When all the animals helped kick Mr. Jones off the farm, Snowball led
the animals to the store-shed and served out a double ration of corn to
everybody with two biscuits going to each of the dogs.
Napoleon on the other hand was very selfish. He stole milk that was
meant for everybody and drank it all, and he stole apples. He doesn’t care
about the work the animals do, just what would benefit him.
For example, Napoleon comes up with the building of the windmill that
would supply electricity so they would not have to work as hard. Napoleon was
against this because he didn’t come up with the idea. When Napoleon sees that
Snowball is gaining more power with the speech of the windmill, Napoleon sends
his dogs to chase Snowball out of the farm. After Snowball was chased out of
the farm, Napoleon gains more power by saying Snowball was a bad person. He
told the animals that Snowball was with Mr. Jones from the starting. (Ch 6. P.
72) “We will teach this miserable traitor that he cannot undo our work so
easily.” He is now saying that Snowball was the one who ruined the windmill,
even though it was his idea. He called him a traitor. And when Napoleon
couldn’t do the trash talking, he sent squealer.
“For we know now, it is all written down in the secret documents that we
have found-that in reality he was trying to lure us to our doom” (Ch. 7 P. 80).
He was telling all the animals that Snowball was a traitor and was with Mr.
Jones, because of the Battle of the Cowshed. He told them that it was all set
up for them to be slaughtered. One animal shouted that he was shot. But
squealer was a smart one. He told them that the shot only grazed him, and
Napoleon was the good guy. He was the one that sank his teeth into Jones’ leg.
To me at least, it seemed that Snowball was always trying to do what was
best for the farm and all the other animals. Snowball came up with the ideas
for the committees, the windmill, helped with the commandments. He was the
courageous leader because the fact is that he was the one who led the animals at
the Battle of the Cowshed. he was the one who was supplying the animals with
food during the rebellion. Napoleon was stealing food.
Napoleon, since, has been changing the commandments that would best suit
him. He has basically changed all the commandments with a few words. The
seventh commandment has been changed to (Ch.10 P. 123) “All Animals are Equal
But Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others,” meaning of course, the pigs are
more equal. The commandments are being changed to benefit them. The alcohol
commandment has changed with an addition of two words. “No Animal Shall drink
Alcohol To Excess). The bed commandment has changed to where they can now sleep
in beds, but without sheets, but the only animals that sleep in the beds are the
Since the leader of the farm is a pig, none of the pigs have to follow
the commandments because when they break one, they just change it to what they
did. I think that the animals are starting to act like humans more and more,
which they hated the most. The chant that was four legs good, two legs bad, had
been changed to four legs good, two legs better, just because the pigs wanted to
walk like humans and have started walking like humans (Ch. 10 P. 122).
From this book, we learned that communism is very hard to bring to a
society where every person thinks that they are better then another.
- Animal Farm Report Essay, Research Paper ANIMAL FARM In the novel 1984, George ... to change the running of Animal Farm. Animals received less food and worked ... to change the running of Animal Farm. Animals received less food and worked ...
- Animal Farm Comparison Essay, Research Paper ANIMAL FARM COMPARISON Animal Farm is a novel about farm animals running a farm and becoming ... happy ending. Animal Farm was a good novel. Animal Farm the movie was ... lacked in the movie. Animal Farm, the novel, is ...
- Animal Farm (napoleon) Essay, Research Paper Animal farm Napoleon The great rebellion on animal farm was a great event for ... Napoleon made it so that animal farm was to engage in trade ... a dispute between the farms neighbouring animal farm over who was going to ...
- Animal Farm 10 Essay, Research Paper Animal Farm Animal Farm, by George Orwell, is a science ... and adopted by the animals for governing Animal farm initially succeed in ... and adopted by the animals for governing Animal Farm were initially successful ...
- Animal Farm 8 Essay, Research Paper Animal Farm The animals (characters) in this movie ... the leaders of all the farm animals and had all the ... were going on with the farm animals, the Jone were having a ... way back to Animal Farm and it has decayed from all the ...