Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
My Worst And Best Friend Essay, Research Paper
Sales by Management Responsibilities and Geographic Area
Real Internal Growth
in CHF billion
? Asia, Oceania
Vevey, October 20, 2000 ? As will be announced at the press conference beginning today at 10:30 (CET), the Nestl? Group’s consolidated sales reached CHF 59.5 billion during the first nine months of 2000, up 9.5 percent over the period January-September 1999. This confirms the generally good perspectives for the full year 2000. At comparable structure and constant exchange rates, sales growth amounts to 4.9 percent.
Cumulative real internal growth at the end of September stood at 4.2 percent, even though the comparison basis was clearly more difficult than during the first semester. As expected, exchange rates had a slightly lower positive impact of 5.7 percent, while divestitures, net of acquisitions, lowered the consolidated sales by 1.1 percent. Nestl? succeeded in making the necessary price adjustments amounting to 0.7 percent of turnover.
European sales were strongly affected by the divestiture of the Findus operation (with annual sales of about CHF 900 million), as well as by the weakening of ?1.8 percent of the Euro against the Swiss franc. Sales in the Americas benefitted from exceptionally strong performance in Mexico and a recovery in most Latin American economies. Zone Asia, Oceania and Africa registered continuing good growth in virtually all areas.
Sales by Product Group
Real Internal Growth
in CHF billion
Most product groups performed well, with especially strong growth in soluble coffees in Eastern Europe, Asia and Latin America. The water business also grew strongly, notwithstanding adverse environmental impacts (weather conditions in Europe and forest fires in the US). In the culinary sector, chilled products and frozen prepared dishes developed satisfactorily. Milks and nutrition saw good progress, mainly as a result of infant nutrition sales in Asia and of the powdered milk business. Chocolate and confectionery showed a welcome improvement, thanks mainly to Eastern Europe. Pharmaceuticals also experienced strong growth.
Based on the figures available at this time, Nestl? is confident of its ability to maintain a good growth rate both in sales and in profits for the full year 2000.
| Top of Page |
- Best Restaurant Essay, Research Paper The Best Restaurant I always enjoy entering a ... Rockaway?s, Apple Bee?s, and the Dugout bores me. Most of these places ... ,? on the large billboard out front. It is a quiet place ... usual. It is the worst thing in the world to ...
- Eudora Welty And Jack London Essay, Research Paper There is a ... was faked in my birth and flimflammed with my mother?s milk. The ... and I was born to prove the loss.? Chance is a gamblers best friend or worst ... ability to conquer death. ?My task which I am trying ...
- Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde Essay, Research Paper Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde ... it has brought out the worst in me, Dick. It seems I ... haven?t been getting my forty winks lately.? ?Bloody awful ... understood his friend perfectly, as usual, and did the best he could ...
- ... Biggest Surprise Essay, Research Paper IT IS WRITTEN’S Revelation’s Biggest Surprise ... to Nebuchadnezzar but to you and me? Daniel continued: “You, O King ... front, saying, “I am rich, and increased with goods, and ... the flick of His wrist, God assigns us ...
- Story About Best Friends Essay, Research Paper It was a sunny Sunday ... a warm up for my best friend and I, who are avid backpackers and trail hikers. We ... I felt a single hand grab my wrist. I grabbed back and with locked wrists I was ...