Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Bush V.S. Gore Essay, Research Paper
GORE vs. BUSH
George Bush has seven principles of reform, only four of which I will elaborate on, for a better quality education in our nation’s schools: (1) Achieve Equality; Just as Bush is closing the achievement gap in Texas, he plans to do so across the states (2) Promote Excellence; Bush believes in clearly defined standards of basic skills plus crucial knowledge. The states should devise tests to ensure that the standards are met (3) Ensure that Every Child Can Read; Statistics show that 70% of 4th graders in low income schools cannot read. Bush stands firm that reading is the pathway to learning and will make sure that every child can read by 3rd grade (4) Improve School Safety; Juvenile gun laws will be enforced (5) Stop Funding Failure Schools (6) Restore Local Control (7) Give Parents Information and Options
Al Gore’s main concern with education is the Opportunity Gap. Gore proclaims, “Today, what you earn depends upon what you learn… All of our people will need to reach higher skills and education that ever before to succeed.” Gore has eight main goals on his agenda for improving education in America:
? Providing pre-school for every child in order to have the best start in their education and in life;
? Making high schools a “center of excellence” for all students even if that means breaking down extremely large schools through the concept of “schools within schools”;
? Improving teacher quality;
? Turning around failing schools (which is the opposite of Bush’s theory);
? Using high technology to produce educational progress;
? A new focal point on discipline, character values, safety and parental involvement;
? Create a 401(j) savings account to make college and job training more affordable;
? Tax-free savings accounts for college more accessible and transferable as families move.
I think that the only things that our schools need are (1) Recognizing advanced students and providing advanced education (2) Providing more money to public schools, especially high schools (3) More advanced technology and provide training in more advanced technological equipment.
In short terms, Bush is against abortion. He believes in pro life with exceptions for rape, incest and life of the mother. He plans to set the goal that all children should be welcomed in life and protected by law. He supports parental notification, banning use of taxpayer funds for abortion, and banning partial birth abortion. He also supports the increasing of adoptions to prevent abortions. He opposes doctor assisted suicide and believes that a doctor’s role is to relieve pain and suffering and cure, not to end life.
Gore, on the other hand, is personally against abortion but he is doing nothing to stop it!! In fact, he is supporting it by providing funds for programs that inform patients about abortion services in District of Columbia. Keep it in mind that he is personally against it but also believes that it is a woman’s choice and that he has “stood strong time and time again to defend a woman’s right to choose. He also supports the expansion of Medicaid funds for abortion.
I am totally in sync with Bush’s beliefs. I am a Christian and I stand firm of what the Bible says and I think that is what Bush is standing for also. Abortion is wrong morally and for me, it is also wrong spiritually.
Bush’s point of view about gun control is as follows:
? Required instant background checks at gun shows by allowing gun show promoters to access the instant check system on behalf of vendors;
? Is all for law-abiding citizens having the right to bear arms to protect their families and home;
? Supports ban on automatic weapons;
? Wants to increase the minimum age for possession of a handgun from 18 to 21;
? Wants to ban importation of high capacity ammunition clips;
? Supports efforts to equip all handguns with child safety locks.
In order to protect the rights of ‘good’ citizens and have an effective gun control program, Al Gore would require that anyone who wants to buy a handgun must have a license and the license would cover a background check along with a 3-day waiting period, one-gun-a-month, and requiring child safety locks on hand guns. He would ban “junk guns” that are so often used in violent crimes. He would raise penalties for using a gun in a violent crime, for selling a gun to one without a license, and for illegal trafficking of guns. I think that one of Gores’ best points about gun control is this is a very good way of making guns more traceable. He would require that gun manufacturers and federally-licensed sellers to report gun sales to a state authority, thus assisting law enforcement in tracing ownership of guns if they are used in a crime.
I believe that we as citizens have the right to bear arms. I agree with both Bush and Gore about the background checks of people who wish to purchase a gun. I also agree with the safety locks that they proposed.
It is obvious that these two candidates have, for the most part, opposing views about these selected issues. And it is also palpable that most of my views coincide with Bush’s views.120
- Bush Vs. Mccain Essay, Research Paper As expected, Governor George W. Bush of Texas has won the ... in November. “Both Al Gore and George W. Bush wore big smiles Tuesday ... candidate than George W. Bush, and also better than Gore, to run the ...
- Gore Vs Bush Essay, Research Paper Gore vs. Bush Foreign Policy ? CHINA Bush would like to redefine the ... Education ? LOCAL CONTROL Both gore and Bush want the federal government to ... charter schools. ? TEACHERS Both Bush and Gore call for higher standards for ...
- Gore Vs. Bush On Education Essay, Research Paper Gore vs. Bush on Education Vice-President Al Gore and Governor George W. Bush ... issues. Vice-President Gore and Governor Bush have different plans ... and not seniority. Gore and Bush definitely disagree on testing ...
- Nature Vs Nature Essay, Research Paper Nature vs. Nurture Psychologists have often questioned ... a shared environment, meaning that they grew up together instead of being ... shape the childs personality. Greenspan?s book the Challenging Child, which describes ...
- Gatsby VS Ruth Essay, Research Paper Gatsby vs. Ruth: The Battle of Self ... ?temp? service that trains women basic secretarial skills, and even gets ... They will be forced to grow up with no real family ... she cannot help her children grow and develop. Gatsby ruined ...