Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Repetitive Stress Injuries
What is Repetitive Stress Injuries?
” Repetitive Strain Injuries occur from repeated physical movements doing damage to tendons, nerves, muscles, and other soft body tissues. Occupations ranging from meatpackers to musicians have characteristic RSIs that can result from the typical tasks they perform.” Repetitive stress injuries occur when tasks are performed under difficult conditions and awkward postures. Other terms used to describe RSI include cumulative trauma disorder, repetitive motion disorder, and occupational overuse syndrome. Recently the term upper extremity musculoskeletal disorder has been adopted.
In reference to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, 150,000 cases were reported in 1997. Eighty percent of these cases were in businesses such as assembly, manufacturing, and service jobs. The remainder of cases was reported in clerical, sales, professional managerial, secretarial, and data-entry jobs. Because of the nature of their work, musicians and dancers also have a high incidence of RSI.
Symptoms Of RSI:
Symptoms from RSI vary depending on how bad you are affected. Early signs of RSI are muscle aches fatigue in arms, tightness, discomfort, stiffness or burning in the hands, wrists and fingers. After several months aching and fatigue remain for longer periods of time and affect your average day in life. Clumsiness or loss of strength in the hands may occur, the need to massage your hands arms and wrists on a regular basis are all symptoms of an upcoming disease.
Prevention and Treatment
Preventing RSI usually relies on changes in working habits and working conditions, pacing, conditioning and training. To reduce the injuries caused by RSI, it is necessary to improve the ergonomics of the work place. Ergonomics is the study and practice of arranging furniture in a certain way so work can be more comfortable.
- ... Injuries Essay, Research Paper Athletes with Stress Fractures A stress fracture is a painful and damaging injury that ... by repetitive low-grade trauma to that one area. Stress fractures ... The author of Athletic Injuries admitted, .Stress fractures are known to ...
- ... as Repetitive Stress Injury (RSI). According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Repetitive Stress Injuries account ... Repetitive Stress Injuries are broad terms for all injuries resulting from placing too much repetitive stress ...
- Management Essay, Research Paper Introduction In this report ... stressing means manual handling, repetitive movement and maintenance of ... were classed as Muscular stress while lifting, carrying, ... workers will experience serious injury/disease over their working ...
- Constitutional Law Essay, Research Paper CONSTITUTIONAL LAW Two ... -majoritarian body that can strike down a law everybody ... and injury. =JUSTICIABILITY The doctrine of capable of repetition but ... the korean conflict led to a strike in the steel industry. - ...
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Essay, Research Paper Outline I. DefinitionII. IntroductionIII. Causes1. Genetic Predisposition2. Injuries and Trauma3 ... , Online, 1998. 4. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome & Repetitive Stress Injuries: The Comprehensive Guide to Prevention ...