Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Paul Of Tarsus (Major Outline) Essay, Research Paper
Specific Purpose: Inform my audience why Paul of the Bible still makes an impression on today’s preachers and teachers in all walks of life.
Thesis Statement: He wrote his most important work in 57 A.D., his epistles are part of the best selling work in the world. Paul of Tarsus was one of the greatest orators that have ever lived, and his writings and speech mannerisms are still practiced to this day by preachers and lay people the world over.
I. Background information of Paul and what led him to become the ultimate witness of Christ to the Gentiles.
I. Paul’s background
A. Paul was born a Jew in Tarsus
a) Paul was a Roman citizen by birth
b) Paul was a tentmaker by trade
B. Paul was Pharisee (A Jewish teacher of the strictest order)
He was a persecutor of the Christian faith and openly killed people who professed to know Jesus Christ as their personal savior.
C. Paul’s real name was Saul of Tarsus
a) God struck him off his horse on the road to Damascus
b) The Lord asks him, “Saul of Tarsus, why does thou curse me?”
c) The Lord made Saul blind with scabs over his eyes
d) Saul agreed that Jesus was the true Son of God and said that he would go to the Gentiles (Non-Jews) and preach the word of the Gospel of Christ.
II. Paul was a great and influential writer
A. Paul wrote 13 books of the New Testament
a) The most important was the letter to the Romans that he wrote while he was in Corinth, Greece
b) Poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge regarded Romans as, “The most profound book in existence?”
c) Commentator Godet called it, “The cathedral of the Christian faith?”
d) Martin Luther wrote, “This epistle is the chief part of the New Testament, and the very purest gospel?the more it is dealt with, the more precious it becomes.”
III. Paul was a great orator of his works and others writings
A. Paul defended himself in front of many high ranking Roman and
Greek officials and won the most important battles.
a) Defended himself before Felix
Felix afraid of the wrath of the Jews
b) Accused before Festus by Jews
c) Appeals to Rome when no guilt is found
d) Defends himself before Agrippa
e) Agrippa can find no fault, when Paul argues his case
B. Paul defends himself and his teachings at the Grecian Areopagus
a) Areopagus was the respected Grecian open court forum
b) Epicureans and Stoics sought to bring him before the court because of his views of their religion
Court met on Mars’s hill in Athens
c) They were curious about Paul saying they worshipped gods that
they did not know
c) Paul’s defense is still the model for communicating the gospel to a
that has no biblical background
d) He drew on his surroundings by talking about the Athenians love
of religion demonstrated by their many idols
e) Was released by court
IV. Paul’s works live on today
A. His works are still read and recited all over the world
a) His works are quoted and studied to this day
Paul went from a manual labor job to being one of the most influential writers of this century and changed the way forever that Jesus Christ my Lord would be studied and taught the world over.
there is none for this work
- Analysis Of The Killer Angels Essay, Research Paper In ... through extensive detail of the emotions of the men, the atmosphere of ... the emotions of the major figures of the battle ... as Chamberlain must pull out his pistol ... in this book and outline the strategies, but ...
- Influences Of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Essay, Research ... would occasionally play harmony notes at ... more mobility through the use of eighth notes ... by using a primitive chord outline of a IV-V-I in root ... Mozart Mosaic. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1986 ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper A Comparison of Judaism and Zoroastrianism Religion has been a major ... childbirth and went through the menstruation cycle. ... outlined in the Gathas. The basic tenets of the Gathas consist of a worship of ... Islam came into play with the Arabs. ...
- ... to better suit each individual student s ... peer influence especially through modeling and social ... . Steward (1997) outlines Missouri s approach to dealing ... the research conducted, the major sources of youth crime ... and de Souza, Paul. Canadian Juristat Volume ...
- ... Of Tourism On Antarctica Essay, Research Paper Introduction This essay discusses the environmental impact of ... Marco Polo. As result of exposure through tourism, ... major regions of the world: Some of the major ... or known heritage sites, outlined by Parker (1972, ...