Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Five Kingdoms Essay, Research Paper
The Five Kingdoms
This biological kingdom is composed of bacteria and cyanobacteria, one-celled (sometimes colonial) organisms whose cells lack a nuclear envelope, mitochondria, or plastids. They reproduce asexually through fission (splitting in two) and mainly gain their nutrition by absorbing it from their environment (though some species are chemoautotrophs or photosynthetic). This is the most primitive of the five kingdoms; it encompasses all the bacteria. Monerans are single-celled prokaryotic organisms.
This biologic kingdom is composed of eukaryotic organisms: unicellular and multicellular algae, slime molds, and unicellular or simple colonial protozoans. Protists obtain their nutrition via several methods, including photosynthesis, devouring other organisms, and absorption. Protists can reproduce sexually or asexually, and they can be sedentary or move with pseudopods, flagella, or cilia. There are over 55,000 known living species and over 35,000 known extinct species in this kingdom.
This kingdom is composed of single-celled (sometimes multicellular), eukaryotic organisms. Protists are more complex than bacteria and include protozooans and some types of algae.Kingdom Fungi includes organisms such as slime molds, mushrooms, smuts, rusts, mildews, molds, stinkhorns, puffballs, truffles and yeasts. All are classified in this kingdom because they absorb food in solution directly through their cell walls and reproduce through spores. None conduct photosynthesis.
The members of this kingdom are multicellular, eukaryotic organisms that (usually) conduct photosynthesis.
The members of this kingom are complex, multicellular, eukaryotic organisms that digest food outside their cells and then absorb the digested nutrients. Animals must consume other organisms to obtain most of their nutrients.
- The Crucible Booknotes Essay, Research Paper BARRON’S BOOK NOTES ARTHUR MILLER’S THE CRUCIBLE ^^^^^^^^^^ARTHUR MILLER: THE ... though I was just five years old at the time. And in ... growing anxiety about the future of God’s “visible Kingdome.” There remains but ...
- The Hollow Men Essay, Research Paper This is a paper I wrote on the Hollow Men by T. S. ... of anguished illumination suspended between the two kingdoms of death. Lips that ... Five develops the reality, not the hope of the empty men; the cactus not the rose. The ...
- The Pryamids Essay, Research Paper The Great Pyramids of Ancient Egypt are the most magnificent and amazing ... time. Egyptians of the Old and Middle kingdoms were ruled by divine ... have been five boat pits found surrounding the Great Pyramid. The two to the south ...
- ... China Essay, Research Paper The Roots of Communist China To say that the Chinese Communist ... he started working at the early age of five he learned and ... as, The Water Margin, The Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and The Monkey, but the first ...
- ... instances the accomplishments of the Vikings belittle those of the Romans. This essay will ... and power to form the basis for kingdoms, and the first towns were ... for five years in succession. They also attacked Rouen and Quentovic, the two ...