Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Land Changes After Ww2 Essay, Research Paper
Events that led to World War One
When people are talking of war, they seem to always want to know what started
it. There are many things that can cause a war. For example, World War One was started
because of many things: nationalism, building of arms, entangling of alliances, and
Nationalism lead to war because Serbia encouraged the people in Austria
-Hungary to rebel and join Serbians. Serbia was tired of being bossed around by
Austria-Hungary and wanted to be left alone. Also, after the fall out of the Ottoman
Empire, later renamed Turkey, Russia and Austria-Hungary almost went to war. The
reason they almost went to war was that Austria-Hungary annexed Bosnia and
During this time period Great Britain had the number one navy in the world.
Great Britain with their navy controlled the seas. Germany disliked this and started
building its own navy. The race was on, who would have the better navy Germany or
Great Britain? Germany did however have one advantage over Great Britain’s navy, their
ships would be newer. Germany already had the number one army and if they
accomplished their goal of building the best navy they could have been unstoppable.
Many countries were now forming alliances with one another to protect
themselves from other countries. There were six major countries involved in the war.
Germany, Austria-Hungary, and Italy formed the Triple Alliance. Great Britain, Russia,
and France formed the Triple Entente. Now that each country had a alliance with other
countries, nobody feared war.
Imperialism also played its role that lead to World War One. Germany got a late
start in the colony race. France was having problems with Germany over Morocco (a
French colony). Germany wanted to take this colony from France but France would not let
them have it. France alone could not handle Germany so Great Britain came to its aid.
Germany feared a defeat by these two countries so it retreated.
All these things led up to World War One but what started World War One was a
small accident compared to everything else that has happened. On June 28, 1914, Arch
duke Franz Ferdinand was visiting Sarajevo, capitol of the Austrian Province Bosnia. On
this day Franz Ferdinand was killed by a Slavic extremist named Gavrilo Princip.
Austria-Hungary used this incident as an excuse to start a war that was already building
Many things lead to war. It’s not just one incident. It took many accidents for
World War One to begin, the death of Archduke Franz Ferdinand was just an excuse to
start a war.
- Superpowers Essay, Research Paper WW2: The process of superpowerdom The ... multitude of new ideas which changed the course of modern society ... , only expanding its horizons after the bombing of Pearl Harbor ... used Article VII of the Lend-Lease, which demanded that ...
- Truman Doctrine Essay, Research Paper “I believe that it ... foreign policy that would change of the world. Turkey ... long and tedious one. After WW2 the US and Soviet Union ... wanted more and more land. This is where we ... gained control but not after the deaths of 60 ...
- Fdr Essay, Research Paper Introduction Assuming the Presidency ... more than two terms. After his overwhelming victory in ... changed dramatically.9 Congress enacted a draft for military service and Roosevelt signed a “lend ... back on it’s feet, WW2 managed to do what ...
- THE TENTH MAN Essay, Research Paper THE TENTH MAN BY ... Jean-Louis Chavel who changes his last name to ... have no problems with land arguments and because he ... worse. In the book after Therese’s mother died she ... we have fought since WW2 we have questioned if ...
- The Bolshevik Poster Essay, Research Paper The Bolshevik poster, a ... Bolsheviks as tools for changing Russia. It was ... was mass produced after its drawing by Bolshevik ... and the people need land. And they ( the ... of Russia’s role in WW2 against Germany. A ...