Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
King Arthur Essay, Research Paper
The uglier the truth the truer the friend is a statement that has been
echoed throughout the history of time. In “Camelot”, King Arthur
experienced this quotation first hand. Even though “Camelot” is a
fictional movie, the same situation that befell King Arthur really occurs
in real life to everyday people.
Just by looking at Pellinore, you would not think that he was a
trustworthy man. Dirty, hair uncombed, dingy clothes are all words that
could be used to describe Pellinore’s appearance. But as the old saying
goes “Don’t judge a book by its cover” and you should not judge Pellinore
by his looks. King Arthur had so many “Yes men” in his court, that he
could not depend on them to tell him the truth because they were to
worried jeopardizing their position in the court. However, Pellinore did
not have this problem because he did not have a position to lose.
In Arthur’s heart of hearts, he had a feeling that Lancelot and
Guinevere were having a physical relationship together. Being the honest
and trustworthy man that he was, Arthur refused to believe that his best
friend and his wife, whom he loved to death, would do such a deceitful
thing to him. Pellinore could not stand to see his friend be the center of
rumors. Therefore, he decided to tell Arthur about the dishonesty that was
happening right under. Arthur, still in denial, rejected Pellinore’s
allegation. Only after he was threatened with the prospect of death, did
reluctantly refute his allegation. Arthur only saw the light after he
witness for himself Lancelot and Guinevere’s relationship.
The situation that happened to Arthur, also happens to common
people. My aunt went through a similar predicament when she was in
college. Her roommates boyfriend constantly flirted with her. Tired of
his endless advances, she decided to tell her roommate. Her roommate,
who was also her friend, did not want to believe what she was saying. So
she confronted her boyfriend with the accusation. Of course he denied
it and in addition said that my aunt was the one doing the flirting. The
roommate sided with her boyfriend and did not talk to her for months.
Finally, the roommate saw her boyfriend for who he was. Only after she
caught him cheating for herself.
Out of everybody in King Arthur’s court, only Pellinore came out
and told Arthur about Lancelot’s and Guinevere’s relationship. My aunt
was the sole person to tell her roommate about her boyfriend. Later she
found out that she was not the only one of her roommate’s friends who he
had flirted with. The truth hurts. Instead of believing a truth that will
hurt, people naturally tend to go into denial. But it still takes a real friend
to tell you something that may hurt you now in order for you not being
hurt more in the future. King Arthur and my aunt’s roommate learned
this the hard way. cared about their . In the end they both regretted not
listening to the people who truly cared about them.
- King Arthur Essay, Research Paper Knight 1 Todd Knight Mrs. Jill ... King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table The legend of King Arthur and the Knights of the ... a trusted friend of King Arthur. (Gawain 1) In the time of King Arthur, the Holy Grail was ...
- The Legend Of King Arthur Essay, Research Paper The Legend of King Arthur - The Origins and Different Interpretations of the Legend Today ... King Arthur. Includes a detailed research on the roots of the legend, along with speculations on the ...
- ... And King Arthur Essay, Research Paper The Epic of Gilgamesh has many similarities to The Legend of King Arthur ... King Arthur. This is why The Epic of Gilgamesh and The Legend of King Arthur are the ...
- King Arthur Essay, Research Paper King Arthur King Arthur, the legendary king of Britain, lived a life full ... (Drabble 879). The popularity of King Arthur has only flourished over the years. This ...
- King Arthur Essay, Research Paper A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court Hank Morgan, a Connecticut Yankee ... , terrifying the spectators, King Arthur promises the Yankee the second place in the kingdom if the “magician ...