Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Emergence Of The Nuclear Age Essay, Research Paper
Emergence of the Nuclear Age
I feel the most important issue which I learned in class was of the
emergence of the nuclear age. I feel that this is important due to the fact
that it totally redefines war and also the future of war. When I say nuclear
age, I specifically mean the potential of every nation possessing nuclear
weapons. The importance of this is that any country, whether super power or
third world, would then have the potential to destroy any opponent, for any
reason. What makes this issue so important to not only me, but to the world
population, are the repercussions which nuclear weapons possess. The problem is,
“the no win aspect of nuclear weapons,” as stated in “Strategic Nuclear Weapons”
by James F. Dunnigan. Any race, religion, or nation could be wiped out in the
flick of a switch, and that effects every person on this planet. Some may say
that the nuclear age does not demand cognizance because the cold war is over,
but it does because eleven nations, and growing, currently posses nuclear war
heads. In the past, ideals were the driving force in war, but now they take the
back seat to nuclear weapons.
- Emergence of the Nuclear Age I feel the most important issue which I learned in class was of the emergence of the nuclear age. I feel that ... this is important due to the fact ...
- Analysis Of The Chernobyl Meltdown Essay, Research Paper On April 1986, Soviet’s Union Chernobyl nuclear plant ... , the operators of the plant were attempting to conduct an experiment with the emergency cooling ...
- Nuclear Energy ? Essay, Research Paper Nuclear energy ? 28 page term paper Nuclear energy, ... an emergency, if the chain reaction became too rapid, the reactor ... a powerful bomb. The beginning of the nuclear age The development of nuclear weapons. World War ...
- The Collapse Of The Soviet Union Essay, Research Paper In 1985, ... side. At 54 years of age, Gorbachev represented a generation ... apparent in April of 1986 when a nuclear reactor at Chernobyl ... president of the Soviet Union. They declared a state of emergency and ...
- ... for all research and development of non-nuclear components of U.S. nuclear weapons. ... of nuclear terrorism is growing. A number of other incidents have pointed to an emerging ... of use, of nuclear components. Since the break up of the former Soviet Union, the ...