Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Bag Of Bones Essay, Research Paper
Bag of Bones is the best book Stephen King has written in years. As shocking as Carrie, as mysterious and menacing as The Shining, as funny and honest about writers as Misery, as evocative of place as his record-setting bestseller The Green Mile, this is a horror novel steeped in all the finest qualities of our favorite Stephen King stories. And yet it is also a bold step beyond, toward a more mature vision of marriage, sex, loss, family?and, especially, evil.
Narrator Mike Noonan is a best-selling writer of romantic thrillers?”V.C. Andrews with a prick,” as he ruefully puts it. Plagued by nightmares and writer’s block following the sudden death of his wife, Mike escapes to their lakeside summer house, known as Sara Laughs. But this is King territory, and Mike’s beloved Yankee town has its dark side. A century ago, a group of local men murdered a black blues singer and her family. The killers’ heirs have paid the price ever since.
But this is only one of the buried secrets Mike unearths. The community is held in the grip of Max Devore, a powerful millionaire with a wicked past. Devore is obsessed with taking away his granddaughter, Kyra, from her young widowed mother, Mattie. As Mike falls in love with Mattie and comes to adore Kyra, he has to decode the warnings that only he and the child are receiving?from ghosts. He must do all these things, or the killing won’t stop.
It would be unfair to reveal any more of King’s story, a complex web of relationships, rivalries, and revenge. Refrigerator magnets that spell out warnings and a spooky trip back in time to a country fair are just the beginning of a long and scary ride. By the end, King has given you a larger sense of the interrelatedness of past and present?and of the wages of sin. Bag of Bones, then, is the author at his best, and something more.
- ... (3 middle ear bones; hair; and the production of milk by modified ... at right of previous page) Generally, the Big Brown Bat ... an echo, they use this echo to determine where the bug is ... alone. Big Brown Bat Bibliography “Big Brown Bat” Amazing Animals of the ...
- Beauty Of Body Essay, Research Paper The definition of beauty as found in "Websters ... thin legs and high cheek bones. Television is also a major contributer ... the chances of developing cancer of the esophagus and voice box. Reflux can ...
- The History Of Computers Essay, Research Paper The evolution of the computer has been ... astronomy. The Napier bones were a set of bones that when place in ... and 8-bits in the data bus. Texas Instruments developed a ... chip with an external bus, working at half the ...
- The Importance Of Home Essay, Research Paper The place ... Mam is a “large, big boned woman wit rough, man working ... reader a greater understanding of each characters inner thoughts. Walker ... large, big boned woman, with man working hands. . . But of course all ...
- The Cask Of Amontillado Essay, Research Paper Itzkowitz, David 11/26/96 ... a palazzo his men found the bones of a human. When I got to the ... . I decided to do a little more research on this man. I went to ... Trumpino Towers was completed and a big success!