Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Civil Rights Essay, Research Paper
In the 1960s there was several Civil Rights Acts passed protecting and giving the African American nation rights. These Civil Rights Acts made major changes from the time before they were passed.
Around this time three Civil Rights Acts were passed:
The Civil Rights Act of 1957
The Civil Rights Act of 1963
The Civil Rights Act of 1964.
The Civil rights Act of the ‘57 was given to the African Americans to give them the right to vote and begin integration. It was encourage by Johnson.
Years ago blacks could not vote or eat at the same restaurant as a Caucasian man or woman and now this Act changes all of this. I believe this was an enormous step for the African American nation.
Frederick Douglass Said
“Slavery is not abolished until the black man has the ballot”
May 9, 1865
In 1957 nine black students from Little Rock, Arkansas practiced their right of integration and joined a white high school. There was a big opposition against the school becoming multiracial. President Eisenhower reacted to this and sent federal troops to protect these students.
Later the Act was only found to have been passed so that Johnson could improve his reputation.
In 1963, the Act was reinstated. This was the Civil Rights Act of 1963.
In 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed. This Act protects the constitutional rights in public facilities and public education, prohibits discrimination in federally assisted programs. This act was amended by the Civil Rights Act of 1991, which provides for the elimination of discrimination in the private and Federal workplace on the basis of sex, race, religion, and national origin.
This Act gave African American men and women the opportunity to own their business and work in a white-collar environment. Before this Act African Americans mostly worked hard labor jobs like mining, farming, and were allowed little more.
Today integration is widely accepted, but there are still people who do not hire an African American because of the color of his skin.
Clearly these Acts which occurred around 1960s have changed the treatment of African Americans tremendously.
- Civil Rights Essay, Research Paper Essay: Trace the development of the civil rights movement of ... first Civil Rights action. Despite his actions to help Civil Rights activists ... assassinated Robert Kennedy, a Civil Rights activist and Presidential candidate. ...
- Civil Rights Essay, Research Paper Although the Civil War brought about the freedom ... for federal investigations of civil rights violations in the Civil Rights Act of 1957 ... Peace Prize for leading nonviolent civil rights demonstrations. Although King preached ...
- Civil Rights Essay, Research Paper Essence Harden 5/2/00 African-American Civil Rights ?Struggle is a never ending ... that arouse was black civil rights. In my essay I plan to compare ... major leader for the civil rights movement believed that protesting should ...
- Civil Rights Essay, Research Paper The Civil Rights Movement The Civil Rights Movement in the United States ... after that. In 1961 civil rights activists started the Freedom Rides ... . For many people the civil rights movement ended with the assassination ...
- Civil Rights Essay, Research Paper Most of us, being ... Despite the attempts of the Civil Rights Movement, much damage was ... been pirsued within the Civil Rights struggle and succeeded in ... definitely a violation of certain civil rights. Police are taking action ...