Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
I have known Shannon Carey since the first grade. Our parents know eachother
and sometimes even go out together. This includes such things as going to dinner or out
to a movie. They agree on many of the same topics, However, on some subjects,
Shannon’s parents control her more than my parents control me. Shannon has regular
chores around her house and her parents often give her advice on certain subjects. My
parents, on the other hand, let me take care of myself for the most part. Although our
parents are somewhat friends, they have different views on their children and the
responsibilities they should have.
Shannon has weekly chores that she has to take care of around her house. These
chores among other things include cleaning her room, her bathroom, and doing the dishes.
If these chores are not completed there are consequences such as losing priveleges like the
phone. She also has other responsibilites such as Pom-Pon. Shannon is required to be at
school everyday at 6:30 a.m. to practice. Not only does she go to practice, but she also
brings the stereo so that the rest of the Pom-Pon squad can practice with music. This is a
huge responsibility because she either has to be at practive every single day or make
arrangements and find someone else to bring the stereo. If she does not do this she lets
the whole team down and they cannot practice.
When it comes to chores and responsibilities I get off pretty easy. My family has a
cleaning lady come to the house four times a week to do most of the work around the
house. A few of her jobs include doing the dishes, taking out the trash, sweeping the
floors and dusting. If for some reason the cleaning lady is not able to come to our house,
my parents will ask me or one of my two sisters to help out with the chores for the day.
We often agree and help out if we are not busy. The only things that my parents are really
concerned with is school and work. As long as I am doing well in school and have a
part-time job they are happy. I am basically allowed to do whatever I want as long as I am
not getting in any trouble and my activities do not interfere with my schoolwork or job.
Advice is often given to Shannon by her parents. Topics include friends, work and
relationships. She does not ask for this advice but often recieves it. This does not make
her angry, but as she said it can be quite annoying. I remember when we were younger
Shannon used to date a boy named Marque. Her parents did not approve of him and often
told Shannon that they should not be a couple. Shannon was upset by this but did not take
their advice. When they eventually broke up Shannon’s parents were happy, but Shannon
was hurt. Because of the conflicting interest in the boy there was tension between the
family and she could not go to her parents for support when she needed it most. This is
the kind of advice that Shannon often recieves. Not all of the advice she is given is on
such touchy subjects as relationships, but on any subject her parents try to stress their
views and opinions.
Unless I ask for it, advice is rarely given to me by my parents. They feel, as well as
I, that if I want or need advice I will come to them for it. This allows me to make my own
decisions and learn for myself. If I really need something, I will go to my parents for it,
and they are glad to help me. Ocassionally my parents will give me their input on a subject
or tell me what they would do, but hardly ever is it in the form of advice. They like to see
me learn from my own mistakes and figure out ways to solve my own problems with little
Advice is somewhat of a touchy subject. Some people cannot handle recieving
advice and become angry when people try to tell them how to do something, or what they
should do. I think Shannon’s parents should let her make her own decisions and only
offer advice when she asks for it. Also, I like the way my parents handle the advice
subject. I like learning on my own and figuring things out. I learn more this way instead
of just being told what to do and how to do it.
- ... Essay, Research Paper The 1991 movie My Girl directed by Howard Zieff is a story of two ... has been to her best friend?s funeral Vada is forced ... about him. While standing in front of a class of adult poetry ... more day with her best friend. As the poem comes to a ...
- Mi Familia Essay, Research Paper The film I chose to write about was Mi Familia. Mi Familia is the story ... of events in the lives ... (corn in the back and beans in the front). Then came the day that ...
- My Lai Essay, Research Paper THE MY LAI MASSACRE Boys will be ... have just seen their best friend killed, goes on a search and ... a distant land? You get the My Lai massacre. The whole village was wiped ...
- ... Be My Friend Essay, Research Paper Darkness be my friend By Jason lasky 10F Title: Darkness Be My Friend ... : 1996 Plot: Darkness, Be My Friend is the fourth book in John Marsden ... now Ellie’s best friend since Robyn died. Kevin: The impression I got about ...
- All My Sons Essay, Research Paper The quotation “We are the cause of our own obstacles,” ... listened to me. To him the world had a forty-foot front, it ended ... at the building line.” This is ...
- The Mailman Essay, Research Paper THE MAILMAN “I never thought I’d say this ... letter gave me a wonderful idea. I have an old friend in Windsor, ... this wonderful letter from my dear old friend Vera. Are you ... As Ted walked up the path to the front door, he reached ...