Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Computer Science Essay, Research Paper
Computer science is one of the fastest growing career fields in modern history. Dating back only a few decades to the late 1950’s and early 1960’s, it has become on of the leading industries in the world today. Developed through the technological architecture of electrical engineering and the computational language of mathematics, the science of computer technology has provided considerable recognition and financial gain for many of its well deserving pioneers. Originally conceived as an organizational solution to the massive amounts of information kept on nothing more than paper, computers have evolved and advanced to become a common part of modern day life. In the early days of the computer age, the newest and most complex computers took up no less than an entire building or very large room. It was inconceivable that these machines would after only about fifty years be many times more powerful and small enough to be held with tweezers.
With the introduction of miniature circutry and transistors, the days of vacuum tubes and computers that filled entire buildings are long gone and the center piece of today’s computer industry is the CPU. One of the modern marvels of science and technology. It is essentially the brain of the computer and though it is the main determining factor in the processing power of the computer as a whole, many other parts of the machine are just as important in overall performance. Many people don’t know this and that is how computer corporations have cheated people out of their money for so many years by selling them cheep systems with high megahertz numbers for the processors in them. This is one reason for the success of the computer industry. When people find out that they have been cheated, they will try to learn more about the product and probably end up spending more money next time. Either way the computer companys always win.
A career in the field of computer science has been proven to be a worthwhile direction for any young enthusiast and this tren is looking just as bright in the new millenium. Computer science and technology has much to offer in anyone of its many career paths. Whether working with a large multinational corportation or a smaller private company on computer hardware or software in engineering or programming, the possibilities and opportunities are endless and are increasing everyday. One reason the computer industry is so promising is that virtually every industry in the world depends on computers to operate. This creates an increasingly large and permanent demand for computer hardware, software, and the technical knowledge to create and use them.
Computer games have added to the development of computer science in recent years. The growing complexity of the most popular games in the ever so urgent need for the latest and fastest graphics processing hardware by gamers with the money to afford it has boosted the gaming industry to unbelievable status. Constantly advancing computer technology allows computer programmers the freedom to incorporate into their games and software, higher levels of visual detail, more complex gameplay, and amazing special effects that at one time were not conceivable because the technology to implement them didn’t exist.
Today the technical sophistication of computer hardware is advancing at an alarming rate due mainly to competition between major manufacturers. When two or more large hardware companies battle for the majority of the market, processing power soars and prices tumble. It always equals out to a better deal for the average comsumer and more power for less money. That means both basic and high end machines become more affordable and that computers will populate more households. With that, computer technology and all of its benefits are introduced to more people everyday making a career in computer science an evermore-popular choice for those interested. This not only promises a never ending demand for computer products, but also the next generation of pioneers to lead us well into the new millenium.
Epstein, George “Computers.” World Book Encyclopedia. 1985 ed. pgs. 740-745
Gincenia, Mark W. “History of Computing: An Encyclopedia of the People and Machines that Made Computer History”
- Computer Programer Essay, Research Paper Computer programmers held about 568,000 ... hold a BA or BS in computer science, mathematics, or information systems while ... programmers hold a 4-year degree in computer science. Extensive knowledge of a variety of ...
- Computer Engineering Essay, Research Paper Computer Engineering Andrew Winegarner ... engineering and computer science to create advanced computer systems. Computer engineering ... with a good computer engineering program computer science program is necessary ...
- Computing History Essay, Research Paper COMPUTING HISTORY I n 1842 Babbage’s Difference Engine ... deeming the project “worthless to science”. Meanwhile Babbage had conceived of ... Tim joined the Laboratory for Computer Science (LCS)at the Massachusetts Institute ...
- Computer Programming Essay, Research Paper Computer Programmer Matt Katz Writing for ... collecting, much like that of a science lab. The Dictionary of Occupational ... the detailed instructions for a computer to follow. A computer programmer carefully studies the ...
- Computer Virus Essay, Research Paper Computer Virus Melissa, ... processing by freeing a computer system temporarily and ... anyone using your computer about computer viruses so ... Science vol. 6 Detroit, MI 1995 Reed, Margaret E. ?An Introduction to Using Computers ...