Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
About one year ago I had a life changing experience, a trip to a little town called
Kerry on the outskirts of Dublin, Ireland. It was the most beautiful place that I have ever
seen. Being in the presence of such beauty helped me see life from a different
perspective. I was just going to be happy, appreciate what I have, be open-minded, not
take anything for granted, and love everyone and everything. When I came back from
Ireland I was truly happy, nothing could make me upset. But after awhile my constant
elation came to a gradual end, but I was soon to find that even though my elation ended I
was going to be a happy, loving, and open-minded person forever. And there was
everyday influences like film, art, and music to remind me of that, my trip, and the
happiness that came with it.
Film helps me to remember not to take little things for granted. A good example
of this is in the movie ?Good Will Hunting?. The main character, Will Hunting (Matt
Damon), is a troubled young man living the poor life in south Boston. He had a real
genius for mathematics, but due to his hard personality and a long line of dysfunctional
foster homes he didn?t take advantage of this talent. Then with the help from a MIT
professor and a psychology teacher (Robin Williams) Will is able to open up and realize
what he had. This movie just seemed so real and it reminded me how lucky I am, I have
a good family great friends which should never be taken for granted. Which reminds me
of freedom, a privilege seriously taken for granted in todays society. I think many people
will probably never realize how lucky they are to have freedom unless the are fighting for
it or simply don?t have it. This appreciation for freedom is shown best in the movies
?Brave Heart? and ?Michael Collins?. The main characters, William Wallace (Brave
Heart) and Michael Collins (Michael Collins), were both living under suppressive British
rule, fought, and died for the right to be free. Someone doesn?t die for
something they don?t appreciate. When I think about those movies I am really happy,
because I am lucky, free, and free to seize any opportunity that comes my way.
Art also reminds me of my happiness, a single piece of art work can capture a
moment of emotion or feeling. Artists like Claude Monet really capture emotion well,
in the painting, ?The Stroll: Camille Monet?, Monet painted Camille standing in the
middle of a field, it sounds simple. But Monet did such a good job that there seems to be
more, there is emotion. That is what makes art special, emotion, and that I can have my
own thoughts about what the artist is trying to say through their painting. In the Edward
Hopper painting, ?Route 6? there is a real warm feeling coming from it. That warm
feeling is one of the best emotions that I have experienced, the only other time I get that
feeling is when nature is at it?s best (sunsets, sunrises, grassy fields, ect.). That brings me
to the artist Liz Sexton, her paintings of nature are some of the most beautiful, natural,
and unique pieces of art that I have ever seen. I think that I am on of the luckiest people
in the world to be able to appreciate this artistic beauty, that in its self makes me a happy
The most important influence in my life would have to be music. When I listen to
music like acustic Led Zeppelin, I am just really happy. When I was in Ireland and I first
realized how lucky I was, I was listening to Zeppelin?s, ?Going to California?. Ever
since then all I listen to is acustic music, it just makes me the happiest. Other acustic
artist?s like Elliott Smith play beautiful music, Smith?s songs ?Kiwi Maddog 20/20? and
?No Name #3? remind me of going the beach with my friends. That also makes me
really happy (being with my friends), as does the musician Nick Drake. Personally I
think Nick Drake is the best acustic musician of all times, his album ?Pink Moon?
is beautifuland it reminds me of being with my friends. Music (especially acustic) gives
me that happy feeling and lets me realize the special things in my life like beauty in
nature and friends.
All in all, my trip to Ireland brought me to the realization that life is a valuable
thing. Since that trip I have totally changed, I appreciate all I have, I?m happy, open
minded, and loving towards all life. And film, art, and music just are a constant reminder
- My Love For My Grandmother Essay, Research Paper My grandmother has never been ... wanted to do was make them proud. My sophomore year in ... Joy. I was almost like a movie, it seemed like it was ... was so happy. My grandmother was proud of me. I felt like that in some ...
- My Girl Essay, Research Paper The 1991 movie My Girl directed by Howard Zieff ... down Why do you always make me frown? Is it because he ... asks, ?Why do you always make me frown?? she is wondering why ... ?Do you long for the happiness that day will bring?? showing how ...
- Of Mice And Men Essay, Research Paper OF MICE AND MEN KEY LITERARY ... of Something that Happened, the book, Of Mice and Me, took the ... into the movies. It is important to notice that when Curley ... wants Lennie to die in happiness, believing the dream will ...
- ... to dinner or out to a movie. They agree on many of ... not busy. The only things that my parents are really concerned with ... broke up Shannon’s parents were happy, but Shannon was hurt. Because ... for it. This allows me to make my own decisions and learn for ...
- ... a child, I liked to watch scientific movies or dramas because I could know ... science courses to make my dream comes true. Currently, I think that the advancement ... , my father bought me a computer to let study computer, and I was really happy ...