Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Law Of Demand Essay, Research Paper
There are many different products that are in demand for teenagers
today. Normally at different times there are different products that are high
in demand. Usually you will not see a product in high demand for a long time.
Products come in and out with style. Whatever is in at the time is usually
what is high in demand. And as soon as the product is no longer considered
cool or trendy, the product usually loses its demand.
C.D.’s for an example is something that has, and always will be in high
demand with teenagers. Normally a product will go out of demand when
consumers buy too much of a product (marginal utility) they get sick of it.
Too much of something is normally not good. But C.D.’s are not the same
product. Each C.D. has a different band or singer on it, so buying too many
C.D.’s doesn’t effect your desire to buy them, because every C.D. has
something different on it to offer you. So therefore Marginal Utility plays a
great factor in the demand of C.D.’s, because you buy them for satisfaction,
and you won’t get sick of buying them, because each one has something
different to offer you. Income effect also plays a great role in the demand
of C.D.’s. If the price of C.D. changes we have the choice to purchase more
C.D.’s if we want to. Substitution effect also plays a role in the demand of
C.D.’s. If for some reason we can not afford to purchase a C.D. we can always
purchase a tape instead. Tapes are cheaper to buy, and they usually contain
everything that a C.D. would have on it.
Purchasing C.D.’s is quite easy today. You can go to almost any type of
store and they sell C.D.’s, just on Long Island alone, we have stores like
Target, Circuit City, Sam Goody, Record Town and plenty of other privately
owned stores that sell C.D.’s. Then you can even go onto the Internet and
purchase C.D.’s at such web-sites such as CDNOW.com and many other web-sites.
Also there are the magazines that have the advertisements for Colombia House
and BMG Music, where you can send away for twelve C.D.’s and only pay for one
of them. C.D.’s are accessible almost every possible way.
Demand can change for various reasons for products. Depending on what’s
in style at the time and what time of year it is. The demand in C.D.’s could
change if the prices rose on them. People are not going to buy C.D.’s if the
price rises on them greatly. They can easily replace what they wanted with a
Another way that the demand of C.D.’s can change is when another product
comes out that is better. For example Napster. People can download any song
they want onto a blank C.D. (the C.D. only costs about $2) for free. When you
have options like that why would you go and waste $20 on a C.D. that you
might not even like. The Demand for C.D.’s could also change by going up. If
there is a C.D. that is coming out with Christmas Songs on it, and it is
Christmas time a lot of people are going to want to purchase that C.D. But if
that Christmas C.D. was released sometime in the summer, not too many people
are going to want to purchase it. It all has to do with the Laws of Demand and the time of
- Dementia Essay, Research Paper Dementia is an organic brain syndrome ... drugs used in the treatment of dementia, although their therapeutic mechanisms are not ... are nevertheless important because of their relative low cost and quick administration time ...
- Dementia Essay, Research Paper Dementia What is Dementia? Dementia is an organic brain syndrome ... in our understanding of dementia. The nineteenth century view that there was only ... Perry et al, reported low levels of choline acetyltransferase, the marker ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper Law and Class The selections in this chapter address the problem of ... The rule of Law . He argues that it is true that law mediates class ... of the ambiguous dichotomy of coercion and legitimacy. The demand for the rule of law ...
- Ap Revolutionary Essay Essay, Research Paper There comes a time when a student outperforms ... . The most grievous law of all, the Stamp Act of 1765, imposed a tax ... demand relief from taxation. There was no bloodshed due to the response of ...
- Racism In America Essay, Research Paper There is surely no nation in ... action, is now the law of the land. Anything remotely like ... at the expense of whites. They can demand preferential treatment of all kinds ...