Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Sexual Harassment /Def.Essay Essay, Research Paper
Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination that violates unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitutes sexual harassment when submission to or rejection of this conduct explicitly or implicitly affects an individual’s employment, unreasonably interferes with an individual’s work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment. Sexual Harassment can take many forms, including a request for sexual favors; unwelcome sexual advances towards others, verbal, physical, or foreseeable conduct of a sexual nature towards people. This illegal conduct could occur in houses, or public places, hotels, restaurants, and can most often occur in the workplace.
Sexual harassment can occur in a variety of circumstances. The victim as well as the harasser may be a woman or a man. The victim does not have to be of the opposite sex to fall under a Sexual Harasment charge. The harasser can be the victim’s supervisor, an agent of the employer, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or a non-employee. The victim does not have to be the person harassed but could be anyone affected by the offensive conduct. Sexual harassment could occur without injury to the victim. The harasser’s conduct must be or feel unwelcome to the victim.
Some typical examples of signs of Sexual harassment are when a person, whether it being a man or woman communicates unwelcome sexual jokes. These jokes are then passed to somebody who feels uncomfortable when confronted by these jokes, or when someone makes suggestive remarks or comments to another that are in a sexual nature. Physical touching or displaying offensive material to another is also a type of sexual harassment. Constant brushing against another person’s body would fall into the category of Sexual Harassment. In the dating scene, if someone refuses a date, the other person may repeatedly request for a date. Repeatedly asking someone out for a date, or unnecessary touching or patting is offensive and humiliating. These actions rise to the level of creating an offensive or hostile environment for the victim.
There are, most likely many psychological problems that cause sexual harassment. The individuals may have problems with their marriage and express angry emotions and feel the need to act them out. Others might want to intentionally hurt another person, just for the fun of seeing the other person hurt. Still others just might be crazy and can’t control their sexual urges towards others. There are many reasons why people sexually harass others. Individuals past history can explain their unusual behavior. There is a strict law against the persons who sexually harass others.
Sexual harassment is a serious offense and one could end up in prison for a long time. Sexual harassment charges vary in a case-to-case basis. Some cases may be treated very seriously while other people may be forewarned or put on strict probation due to their behavior. There are many things you can do if you feel you are a victim of sexual harassment.
Prevention is the best tool to eliminate sexual harassment. People are encouraged to take steps necessary to prevent sexual harassment from occurring in their area. They should clearly communicate to others that sexual harassment will not be tolerated. It is helpful for the victim to inform the harasser that the conduct is unwelcome and it must stop. First you should be able to respond and deal with the persons or problem promptly and say “NO.” Say it firmly without apologizing and tell the person you do not approve of their actions and tell them you want them to stop. Describe to them specific things, which offend or upset you. Then you should check and save any letters or notes sent to you by the harasser. Be sure to keep the letters or notes in a secure place. Then report the offensive behavior to your local authority through the person designated to handle Sexual Harassment complaints. When taking someone under a sexual harassment charge and following the proper procedures justice will be served.
Sexual harassment is very common in our world today. It occurs in houses, public places, hotels, and restaurants, most often in the workplace. It is important to recognize when sexual harassment occurs and to confront the person making these unwanted sexual advances.
- Us Presidents 30-42 Essay, Research Paper 30. President – Calvin ... defensible but morally dubious position of acquiescing ... accused the judge of sexual harassment in nationally televised hearings ... fetal tissue for medical research, repealed rules restricting ...
- Sexism-Patriarchy Essay, Research Paper Sexism-Patriarchy Brian S. Slevin ... hundred percent proven cases of sexual harassment but they are sufficient ... man believed that being a devious man was a good plan ... in life, and that devious women were merely plotting ...
- John Doe Essay, Research Paper If you find the ... ’ll soon stop the canine harassment. @ENDNODE @NODE APARTMENTS “Apartments ... the upheaveal caused by her dubious moral judgement, Tim didn’t ... appealing to an untesticled school administration, and after being ...
- John Steinbeck Essay, Research Paper John Ernst Steinbeck Chronology Born: ... 1919: Graduated from Salinas High School, then located on West Alisal ... Novel by a Californian for In Dubious Battle. 1936: Of Mice ... for writing. He was harassed when trying to get fuel ...
- Che Guevara Essay, Research Paper On November 25, 82 men ... participates in a counter-attack that debouch into a defeat for the enemy ... disposal. He starts with a school of warriors that gets the ... Bolivian army. The land gets harassed with ever more strikes and ...