Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Medea Essay, Research Paper
The Greeks Honored the god Dionysus throughout the year. In the
month of march they had a festival in which great writers such as
Euripides had plays performed. Among these plays is Medea.
Medea was married to Jason and would have two children with
him. They moved to Cornith and lived under the rule of Creon. After
living in Cornith for 10 years Jason turned around and married Glauce,
the daughter of Creon.
Medea did not take well to that idea and was ready to seek revenge
on Jason. Creon decides to have Medea exiled as to avoid her jealous
acts. When Medea is told this, by Creon, she begs to be permitted to
stay for one more day so that she can arrange for her refuge.
After a visit from Jason the ruler of Athens, Ageus, shows up and
tells Medea to come to Athens to seek refuge. Jason returns and Medea
convinces him to allow the children to stay in Cornith. When the
children return to Glauce with presents from Medea not knowing that
Medea had poisoned the gifts Glauce wears them and is poisoned along
with Creon. After still seeking revenge Medea kills the children and
refuses Jason to ever touch them again. By this Jason is devastated,
Medea has had her Vengeance.
Which brings us to the question, “Is Medea a which or woman
worth of pity”? My answer for this is neither. Medea did use a poison
that she cooked up to kill the king and his daughter. Medea was also a
confused woman who wanted vengeance for Jason leaving her. I would
rather say that Medea was a psycho. Not only does this explain her
actions, but is she ever goes on trial this plea will help her out.
This story reveals that there is a good side and a bad side to
everything. From the marriage of Medea and Jason to the vengeance
Medea seeks both good and bad happen. When Euripides wrote this he
must have planned for his audience to side with Medea’s pitiful soul, and
at the same time despise her for her murderous actions.
- Medea Essay, Research Paper The play Medea is, quite frankly, the story ... Jason and Medea were excited and happy about each other in ... the begining. Then, Jason tired of Medea ... gets in Medea between Jason and Medea. They so hate each other ...
- Media Essay, Research Paper Media: The Power ... media. Communicating freely with other affirms the dignity and worth of each ... relinquishing creative freedoms. Media should improve practices ... profanity is a contribution of media’s exploitation towards society ( ...
- MEDEA Essay, Research Paper Medea: Summary Title of Work: Medea Country/Culture: ... this case Jason and Medea in each one’s own sense – ... picture of the characters. Medea features strong dramatic situations ... The play opens with Medea’s Nurse indirectly giving ...
- Media Essay, Research Paper I believe that through media, society?s viewpoints are swayed ... this paper I would like to focus on how the media ... . Mancow called the media ?evil liberal media,? that is trying ... viewpoints of each of these types of media. MTV is ...
- Media Essay, Research Paper Pornography ... objects only because the media releases or broadcasts pornographicmaterial ... : Praeger. Howitt, CumberpatcH2975Mass Media, Violence and Society. London ... New York, Praeger. 2. Mass Media, Violence and Society, Howitt, ...
- MEDIA Essay, Research Paper The American media, through its choice of ... in opposition of the media. Today the media reaches over 100 ... public agenda each day. Another name for the media is the ... approval. However, without the media very little would have been ...