Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
In the past three decades, steroids has been becoming a serious problem more
than ever in the athletic field. Steroids are anabolic drug "to build"
growth hormones that include the androgens (male sex hormones) principally
testosterone and estrogen and progestogens (female sex hormones). Steroids were
first developed for medical purposes. They’re used in controlling inflammation,
strengthening weakened hearts, preventing conception, and alleviating symptoms
of arthritis and asthma. Unfortunately research has shown that steroids have
been abused in almost every kind of sport. Although steroids contribute to a
muscular body, usage should remain illegal because they physically deteriorate
and mentally destroy the body. Many people are fascinated about steroids because
of their ability to build up the body. Whether taken by injection or the pill it
increases strength and endurance. Steroids also help in the healing process of
muscular tissue by first injuring them, then the muscles heal quicker adding
more fiber increasing their bulk. Many athletes turn to steroids more often
because they’re cheaper than marijuana or cocaine. A ten week cycle of
testosterone cypinate and methandrostone costs only about one hundred dollars.
Steroids are also very hard to trace because of their water base composition.
They can pass through the body within two days. All these benefits of steroids
help an athletes become more competitive and increase their chance of being a
winner. Of course everybody wants better biceps and triceps but when using
steroids to achieve this goal there is a large price to pay. However, steroids
should remain illegal because they physically deteriorate the whole body system.
When injected one risks the chances of developing hematoma and contracting AIDS.
In women steroids contribute to the growth of facial hair, enlargements of the
clitoris, shrinkage of the uterus, sterility, deepening of the voice, decrease
in breast size and irregularity of the menstrual cycle. In men steroids cause
shrinkage of the testicles, decrease in sperm count, sterility, impotence,
prostate enlargement and growth of female breast. In both men and women hair
loss, liver ailments, acne, atherosierosis and cancer are very common. This
dangerous drug shortens the life span up to twenty years and increases the
chance of obtaining diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and hypertension. The side
effects and reactions from enduring anabolic steroids are endless. Along with
the physical problems there are also mental reactions associated with the usage
of steroids. This drug becomes very addictive and damaging to the mind. It
causes violent episodes which an athlete can claim a legal insanity defense to
it. They get so wrapped up psychologically that the negative effects doesn’t
matter to them. Research has also discovered that steroids cause psychotic side
effects sometimes referred to as "roid mania". Along with these are
wild aggressive, combative behavior, depression, listlessness and delusions
during and after performance. Even though the game is over athletes want to
continue competing. Steroids mentally destroy the brain and ability to reason.
Overall the usage of steroids is very damaging to the human body. Even though it
physically builds up the body for better performance the risks of use are
enormous. Steroids physically deteriorate and mentally destroy the body. The
usage of steroids provides an unfair advantage to non-user athletes and
therefore should remain illegal for non-medical use.
- Anabolic Steroids Essay, Research Paper Anabolic Steroids Media’s Portrayal of the Issue Introduction You’ve seen ... captured using steroids. As you have witnessed in my report steroids in the past three ...
- Anabolic Steroids Essay, Research Paper Drugs have been used in sports almost as long as ... the doctors aware the epidemic that would follow in the next century. Anabolic steroids, developed in the 1930’s in ...
- Anabolic Steroids Essay, Research Paper Anabolic Steroid Use in the Olympics Canadian track star Ben ... times the amount their bodies produce. Anabolic steroids are primarily the result of research to ...
- Anabolic Steroids Essay, Research Paper Anabolic steroids (steroids for short) are used widely ... glucocorticoid or the nuclear manner of the steroid-receptor complex. In the nucleus steroids seem ...
- Anabolic Steroids Essay, Research Paper Are Anabolic Steroids Safe Even if you didn t ... not needed. The testicles recognize the abundance of the hormone in the body and realize ... can buy them over the counter. In the United States, steroids are considered a ...