Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
?The Mirror With A Memory? And ?Usda Government Inspected? Essay, Research Paper
Jose Fussa March 19,2000
The parallel between “The Mirror with a Memory” and “USDA Government
Inspected” is the fact that both essays emphasize the use of visual imagery. Reiss used
photographs to show the public of the conditions in which the other half lived and in the
other essay they used political cartoons so that the public could identify the person which
was characterized by their overemphasized traits or mannerisms.
Reiss wanted to show the public how the other half lived and used photographs to show them. His photographs showed everything from street arabs to working families. He was able to connect the reader to the plight of the urban poor. This was a world that they had never seen before and he was able to bring about reform as a result of this.
Political cartoonist used characters that were easily recognizable to the readers at that time. The cartoonist were able to show what current events were going on at the time while minimizing the political battles that the public never realized were going on. They were able to show Roosevelt and his usual big stick and glaring teeth beating up the trusts or other current events of the time. This was a way the public could identify with what was going on at the time.
Both essays point out the use of this type of visualization and the effect it had on the public. This medium is still used today by authors and the media alike to get the public or readers to see the things that they would not normally see.
- ... , R.M.Uajt, R.M.Frumkina, E.Hollen-shtejn. Verbal illusions play the big role ... and genres of the Kazakh literature have the folklore and mythological memory. Folklore products stand and ... --the many Stars, And my sisters--the white Dawns. A far more ...
- ... are treated. Its estimated by the USDA that 346,000 horse were ... death. The horse waits, as the buyer’s stall is steadily filled with more and more horses ... a horse never becomes a faded memory. The grace with which a horse prances is like ...
- ... memorial for eminent personages of a country (as is the case of the ... the past and plan for the future. Roman architects, more than anything, remembered the past and ... with new building principles. The concept of the arches, vaults and domes, and the ... .usit.net ...
- ... would escape the disappointment and confusion associated with the cruise, ... in a window or mirror, she sometimes failed to ... the islander’s language triggers her memories of Tatem, the ... the qualities necessary for maintaining identity. “Her body she always usta ...
- ... able to create more complex software, and develop answers without changing the questions, are ... the program and stored in memory) and objects by reference,(http://www.ftc.nrcs.usda ...