Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Motivation vs. Procrastination
The theme I chose for my first reflection is procrastination vs. motivation. I chose this
because I felt it represents the initial struggles I had in writing this reflection and the
struggles I have had in my life. Through out my life I feel I have been an achievement
-motivated procrastinator. The definition of that for me is that although I wait until the last
minute to do things is I have the enthusiasm and desire to work hard to achieve the
American dream. In reading chapter 1, I discovered that a lot of the conflicts in the
workplace and home are based on these two nouns. Most people are motivated to do
something in life but for one reason or another they put things off. I believe that self-esteem
and self-awareness play a key role in how motivated we are. In the Hawthorne Experiment
conducted by Elton Mayo from 1927-1932. Mayo discovered that although the conditions
for the employees changed, for example, they changed from bright lights to dim lights, it
did not effect their production it still improved. The reason, he concluded was because there
was recognition and praise given to them, which caused an increase in their production.
The employees self image and self-esteem improved because they felt someone cared about
their issues. Robert Owens introduced the idea that if you treat the workers better they will
increase their productivity. Again the self-image and self -esteem of the person is key to
productivity. If we feel people care about us we tend to work harder for them and are more
loyal. When our self-esteem is high we tend to have better communication with co-workers
and family. Through that communication we can develop better interpersonal skills and
mutual respected relationships. Knowing oneself and understanding what it is that makes
you motivated is the key to achieving success. For me a lot of my motivation is that I have to
take care of my 11-year-old daughter. Knowing that she depends on me for her future gives
me the push I need to go to look for work and to achieve success. My daughter is my
motivation Even though I am procrastinator, my motivation to achieve is stronger than
- ... ways to motivate employees. Employers can motivate their workers ... good performance. Well Pay vs. Sick Pay is an ... working individually (Robbins, 260). Motivations are necessary in a working ... the incentive system is to motivate and organize employees. 1. ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper Hume vs. Kant On the Nature ... and that ” though no motivation moves him any longer, he ... how a categorical imperative can motivate. His answer is in fact ... understanding how a categorical imperative can motivate. However, this does not ...
- Immanuel Kant Vs. Joshua Wegner Essay, Research Paper ... 07/00 Trentacoste Immanuel Kant vs. Joshua Wegner THE RIGHT TO ... balance. While I agree that Kant?s motives for punishment are reasonable, I find ... brings us back to the ?x? vs. ?y? question) There is no ...
- Mill Vs. Kant Essay, Research Paper ... hypothetical imperative whereas an unconditional motivation will make it a categorical imperative ... utilitarian effects are allowed to motivate our actions, we are ... that utilitarian theories are motivated by the need of ...
- Ambition Vs. Reasoning In Macbeth Essay, Research ... no serious questioning of the motives of the three witches ... and sin. Macbeth’s excessive ambition motivates him to murder Duncan, and ... reasoning does he question their motives. One place this questioning takes ...