Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Long Hard Road Outta Hell Essay, Research Paper
Brian Warner aka Marilyn Manson was born on January 5, 1969. He
was raised in his grandfather?s home. His grandfather was a bad influence on
Brian, because 1. Had beer cans covering the basement floor of the house, 2.
Molested Brian, and many more reasons.
Brian went to a private Catholic school, for much of his life. As time
passed, he got into Rock music, with bands like AC/DC, Iron Maiden, and
He got in trouble many times for the pictures he made, such as
someone dressed like a ?devil? and he got in trouble for selling the kids Rock
cd?s (or tapes).
Around 8th grade, he switched to a public school. He made a lot of
friends there. He finally started a band. The First Marilyn Manson band was
called ?Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids.? The following people were in
it: Brian Warner – Vocals; Daisy Berkowitz – Guitar; Gidget Gein – Bass;
Sara Lee Lucas – Drums; Maddne Wayne Gacy – Keys.
After a few weeks of them playing, they started doing ?mini concerts.?
They played at their school, other schools, and then, started thinking of
making a demo tape.
When they FINALLY got a record contract, they started doing huge
tours. People think that by the way he looks, and by lyrics of previous albums
that he is some kind of satanist or something. Well, in this book, I learned
what a ?Satanist? is. I quote from the book:
? What nearly everybody in my life-from John Crowell (pope) to Ms. Price
(teacher)- had misunderstood about Satanism was that it is not about ritual
sacrifices, digging up graves, and worshipping yourself, because you are
responsible for your own good and evil. Christanity?s war against the devil
has always been a fight against man?s most natural instincts-for sex, for
violence, for self gratification- and a denial of a man?s membership in the
animal kingdom. The idea of heaven is just Christianity?s way of creating a
hell on earth.? – Marilyn Manson with Neil Straus pp. 164
Currently, the record companies that ?own? Marilyn Manson are
called: Interscope(c) and Nothing(c). Many people admire Brian, because he
is doing what he wants to do, and no one is stopping him. No matter what
people say, He just does what he wants and loves doing. That is music. No
one will ever change his mind about his music.
I would reccomend this book mainly to someone who thinks Marilyn
Manson, is disguisting, perverted, etc., because they will learn what kind of
person he really is. Many rumors about him have made people think in bad
ways about him. Here are a few rumors:
?Marilyn Manson will commit suicide of his Holloween concert by blowing
up the venue and everyone in it?
?I heard thatMarilyn Manson is a member of a cannibal group and he really is
black, and he bleached his skin?
?A girl at my school say that the Rev. (Brian Warner) sold his right eye to
the devil, and that is why he wears red make up underneath his eye?
?The Rev. was making cutting motions across his neck with a knife, and
accidentally cut too deep, severing his windpipe. Twiggy held his throat
togeather so he could breathe till the paramedics got there?
Those are just a few rumors. Many people who protest Marilyn
Manson, think they have good reasons… Here are a few small quotes:
?This is perhaps the sickest group promoted by a mainstream record
company? – Senator Joseph Lieberman of Connecticut
?Were fighting against God against Satan? – Florence Hensell, Letter to
Utica City Council, on a concert at Utica Audotorium.
?[Marilyn Manson] if further proof that society?s moral values continue to
crumble? – Anonymous
To end with my summary, I would like to put two quotes from Brian
that really makes you kind of think.
?If People are going to hate me, I want them to hate me for the right reasons?
?I have more than 450 scars, not counting emotional ones? – Brian Warner
- ... Wunderkind Or Monster Essay, Research Paper Diana Glazer ... Wagner demanded that Otto without reimbursement ... closest friends, to read the manuscript his autobiography ... unity. Wagner worked long and hard on his librettos. ... up the nearby Green Hill, a wooded slope ...
- ... Goodbye To Berlin Essay, Research Paper A Response ... Mayr, the music-hall jodlerin, who considers ... doesn t last long and Sally is ... especially compared to Otto. He is currently ... by letting him read a letter saying, ... dead Heart failure There s a lot of heart failure ...
- ... Five Stages Of Dying Essay, Research Paper Last Grains of ... news? When can I get outta’ here? Doctor Clemmens: Well ... . Martin: What the hell is wrong with you? ... matter how long it takes, or how hard I have to ... to more charities, I’ll read the bible! Just please, ...
- ... During The WWII Essay, Research Paper Topic: ... 7 December 1941, Ottawa worried about protecting loyal ... demonstrations they had long feared. The ... this place is hell. (Roy,p110) ... the wound is hard to recover. Over ... declare that I have read and understood the rule ...
- ... Just A Trick! Essay, Research Paper The History ... Langland once called Hell “Pouk’s Pinfold.” ... on a wild ride, sometimes dumping ... Goodfellows. Here’s a long quotation from A Midsummer ... for giving travellers a hard time. Puck was ... overlaps the Ottawa-area Vincent ...