Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
December 7, 1997
If wishes were fishes we?d all have some fried. There is an old saying “Be careful what you wish for.” Everyday three or more times we say that we wish we could have this or we wish we could have that. We do not realize that wishes also come with negative outcomes. If you had three wishes then what would they be? In the book “The Monkey?s Paw” they wish for things that aren?t sensible and bad things happen. The first wish is for money and their son gets caught in the machinery at his work and they collect the amount of money they wished for. Their second wish is for their son to come back to life, and he comes back as a zombie. Both these wishes resulted in bad things happening because they weren?t smart when they made their wishes. If I were to have the opportunity to make three wishes, my wishes would be: for me to be a professional skier, not having to worry about money, and having a condo in Park City Utah. I feel that wishing for things, and them not coming true will indeed be a blessing in the end.
I said that for my first wish I would like to be a professional skier. This is one of my many dreams when I grow older. If I were able to be a professional skier my life would be perfect because I would be able to ski around the world, and I would be able to meet the other famous skiers. An example of a no name skiers becoming one of the best ever. His name is Glen Plake, and he was a punk skier/skateboarder who has a mo-hawk. He has a very wild appearance, but like in most cases looks can be deceiving. He is one of the nicest people alive, because he has donated some out of every one of his checks to help homeless people, and he also supplies money to prevent child abuse. He is one of my role models, and even though his hair is different, he has a big heart.
Also, my wish to be a professional skier could have negative happenings. For instance, I could be skiing and get caught in an avalanche and die. I could also slide on a fourty-degree ice face and die or I could also have a friend be hurt or die because I was being careless. Many things can happen depending on the conditions and the environment. Skiing is a very dangerous sport and there is a lot of risk in doing it and in doing it you take risks. I hope nothing like this every happens to me, but that is the risk I take.
For my second wish I wished for me to never have to worry about money. Like most humans on the earth, we all would like to never have money problems. I would just like enough to live on and no more. Some people may say that I am nuts but that would be enough to make me happy. An example in the Monkey?s Paw is when they wish for a lot of money. They are just fine they way they are, but they get a greediness that we all get now and then, and they ask for more. They made a big mistake, and they paid for it with their sons? life.
Many bad things could occur with this wish also. For example, one of my loved ones could be killed like in the book, and I would get the money that way. I could be paralized or terribly hurt and could collect insurance money. An example of greed is in my family. I have an uncle who is very wealthy and treats everybody else in our family like we are dirt under his feet. Although I don?t want to see it happen, I feel that one day he will pay for it.
My last wish is for me to have a condo in Park City Utah. I love the area around Utah and especially the beautiful area of Park City. It is also the center of many ski resorts, and it has the best snow on earth. Also I would be around all my family, and I could frequently visit them when ever I wanted to.
As with all wishes this one has many negative side effects. For instance an avalanche could wipe out the town or the condo could burn down. I would have to visit all the time, and I wouldn?t have time to do things that I want to do. Almost anything can happen when you wish for something that you necessarily don?t need.
In this paper I talked about the three things that I would wish for and they were: for me to be a professional skier, to have enough money to never have to worry again, and for me to have a condo in Park City Utah. I said that you need to be careful in what you wish for. This holds true because you never know what tomorrow brings. Anything possible can happen, and we build our own futures. When ever you start to wish for something just stop and think a minute and make sure it is what your heart truly desires.
- Three Wishes Essay, Research Paper On an island, surrounded by ... looking, a three-piece living room set, 32? color television set, a nice kitchen ... his face and said, ? That?s nice?? ?Yes it is! But it ... that we all lived somewhere nice and peaceful and happy with ...
- ... Their League Essay, Research Paper Out of Their League In the book entitled Out of Their ... Cardinals in 1969. Research guided by conflict theory ... for complying with his wishes. (Meggyesy, 1970) ... Furthermore, because current NCAA rules make it difficult ...
- Psychologically Viewing Three Plays Essay, Research Paper From psychologically viewing the ... fact by obeying the wishes of her father over ... the Hamlet’s wishes. Hamlet felt Ophelia had ... teller who must have unpleasant news dragged from him by a ...
- Three Georges Dam Essay, Research Paper The United States, China and the Three Gorges Dam: Toward ... 100 years (Xinhua News Agency 1997, China Says Three 1997, Veltrop 1997 ... onerous a restraint on American firms wishing to conduct business overseas. Sanctions ...
- ... characters in the book. Nick is a moralist, who wishes the world “to ... narrator. With each appearance Nick gathers more information about each individual, since he ... the others find their situation as most important Nick tries to comprehend ...