Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Fellowship Of The Rings
As the story begins we find the lovable Bilbo Baggins having his going away
birthday party. He would leave his precious magic ring behind him and leave for
Alderaun. 17 years would pass and the ring remains under the safe-keep of Bilbo?s
nephew, Frodo Baggins. Gandalf Stormcrow has returned and has need of one from the
shire. The both discuss the workings and the history of the ring. And conclude that one
thing must be done. Frodo and his party must journey to the land of Mordor, where the
shadows lie. And destroy the ring by which the very fires from which it was once forged.
And so the quest begins, steered by Gandalf and Frodo?s party of Sam, Mary, and
Pippin. Together they travel the winding roads and through a great blizzard until
nightfall. Where warmth and comfort are found in a local tavern. The Hobbits were well
to entertain and were taken notice by a man, a warrior by the name of Strider. He took
aim on their quest and was reluctant to aid in their cause. Gandalf had departed them to
seek the wisdom of another wizard. With Strider and the remaining party they traveled
the broad expanse if terrain. Where they would befriend new adventurers along the way.
Many a time would they be tempted to misuse the ring. But Frodo?s will held strong. Up
unto the climax of events, when the ring raids came to take what once belonged to them.
In a moment of weakness, Frodo placed the ring on his finger. He vanished from his
party?s sight. “Take the ring off Frodo!”, they yelled. But he was frozen in his steps.
Determind to get it they approached him. In a brave attempt to protect the ring, Frodo
ran up to them, held the sting high in the air, attempting to strike one of them. But he
failed. And instead he took a wound in his side. He then somehow managed to mount
back on his horse and ride away across a shallow stream. All that separated them now
was the stream. “The ring, the ring..”, carried through the crowd of riders. Frodo was
weary, he shouted out, “By all the Shire you will have neither I nor the ring! Go back to
the land of Mordor and follow me no more!”. Then by some magic the waters in the
stream gathered and seemed to come alive into huge horse-like wave. And it swallowed
the riders as they attempted to cross. Washing them away down river. He had beaten
them this time. But their tortured souls would find new hosts, new bodies. And would
come again in greater numbers. All was silent, and when Frodo regained all
consciousness he found himself in a warm, well-rested bed. Uncle Bilbo at his side.
And thus the story continues, in BOOK II.
- ... – The Lord Of The Rings. (3/4) Part 1: The Fellowship of the Ring Part 2: The Two Towers Part 3: The Return of the King THE RETURN OF THE KING Book ... : Prentice-Hall Inc., 1965 Ferrell, Robert H. Woodrow Wilson & World War I, 1917 ...
- ... laws of motion, the basic principles of modern physics, resulted in the formulation of the law of universal ... the existence of ultimate indivisible particles. The works of the 17th-century chemist Robert Boyle provided the ...
- ... of the murders of two students at Jackson State College; a book ... Fellowship (1944), a Ford Fellowship (1953), a Fulbright Fellowship to Norway (1971), a senior fellowship from the ... or Nat Turner or Robert Lee." "Warm ... dedication to him rings clear as she ...
- ... of Gertrude Stein’s acknowledgement of good writing: the bell rings. What I most remember is the ... Guggenheim fellowship seeking the illusive muse ... book, citing the charged political nature of the ... the poet Robert Desnos who died in the concentration camps." The ...
- ... walked into the Sanctuary, the adults were speaking of the Reverend as ... ran to get the phone, which was ringing in the Fellowship Hall. “ ... When Tweedy came back into the sanctuary, the congregation stood up. ... the evening news. He might even get to meet Robert ...