Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Good Deed
Many people do good deeds for a wide variety of
reasons. A good deed is helping someone without
looking for a reward or a pat on the back. Think
about how much one receives and consider volunteering
to help someone, keep busy, repay a dept, or just for
fun! No matter what, it will feel good after
helping another. In my case I choose to help the
R.O.T.C. with the Shepherd Center and the
Salvation Army for the Doll and Toy Fund
For some strange reason I thought it would be a
great idea to help famlies in need. Sure I have
donated money for Adopt a Child in class around
Christmas time but getting to actually see the kids
pick and receive their presents, this would be an
experience I would never forget.
When I got up Saturday morning to go to
Bolton I thought this would be the easiest yet
most wonderful thing I’ve ever done in my life. I
thought wrong. When I got to the school there was
people wrapped around the building and cars
everywhere. I proceeded to walk into the boys gym
lobby where there were tons of unopened boxes of toys
everywhere. I grabbed the box cutter and started
opening boxes. After all the boxes were opened, Angela
and I started making displays with the Easy Bake Ovens
and all the collectable Barbies. I wasn’t so bitter
anymore I was starting to have fun.
About nine thirty we opened the doors and families
started to pour into the lobby. Some parents that came
in had five and six children that came in with them.
While at the same time some parents came alone came
alone so the kids Christmas presents would be a
surprise. At first I helped hand out the toys at the
table. The little boys seemed to really like the cool
looking remote control PT Land Cruisers. Maybe that’s
why they were all gone by ten o’clock. Then I handed
out batteries for the children’s toys. As I was a
getting a little bored I thought to myself,”If I was
ever going to get to interact and talk to these people
I would have to find a way to get out of handing out
batteries.” With so many people coming in and out, All
I could tell them was Merry Christmas before they
rushed out of the packed area.
Around ten thirty i managed to find a way
to get outside. So I went to the Salvation Army truck
were my friend Sarah was. We had to help the people
take these big boxes of food to there cars. The first
box I held I thought that it would be as light as a
feather, I was awfully wrong. That box felt as if it
were forty pounds. There must have been a whole turkey
and all the trimmings in those boxes. I had to carry
one box all the way to the side street across from
Bolton. By the time we reached the car my finger tips
were numb. I didn’t seem to notice because I was
talking to a Mexican lady who kept asking me if I was
alright. She told me how this might be the only
food that her kids might get to eat on Christmas. She
must have had four or five kids because she had about
that many toys. This really made me think off how
blessed I am to have two parents who can take care of
me. I helped many more people to their cars but the
Mexican woman was the only one who seemed to stick in
About twelve o’clock we were to take an hour
break. I was so excited thinking I get to help some
more parents and kids take food to their car, when my
sister showed up early at the school and I had to
leave. I was so upset because I was suppose to stay
and help till three o’clock. When I got home all I
could think about was how much fun it was helping
someone other than myself.
When I finished my good deed I thought about how
much fun I had helping other people. Although I might
be helping someone today someone else might be helping
me tomorrow. Instead of thinking of it as something I
did for someone I think of it as an exchange, my help
for the smiles on their face.
- The Black Death Essay, Research Paper The Black Death had a huge effect on Europe in the Middle Ages. Another ... . This is one of the very few good things that did come ... relationship with God without the need of a priest. Good deeds increased at ...
- Euthanasia Good Death Essay, Research Paper The word “euthanasia” comes from the greek–eu, “good”, and thanatos, “death”. Literally, “good death”. The dictionary ...
- The Paradoxical Thomas Essay, Research Paper The Paradoxical Thomas Dylan ... to death, the dying of the light and that good night representing the end ... fourth tercets, Thomas describes the good men and wild men ... death. The theme of Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good ...
- The Donner Party Essay, Research Paper The Donner Party It’s one of the greatest tragedies of all ... dead on the trip. On October 16, they reached the Truckee River, the gateway to the ... . Many died in the months at the lake. Among the dead were: Milt Donner ...
- The Praying Mantis Essay, Research Paper The Praying Mantis (Mantis Religiosa) Contents ... . Recent research indicates that fertilization can take place without the male’s death and ... it brings them good luck and A mantis can bring the dead back to ...