Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Brave New World Essay, Research Paper
In Aldous Huxley?s ?Brave New World? the setting is set many years into the future. This
future describes a world where science and technology have been allowed to progress
unchecked. There are no moral or spiritual obligations and the good of society is placed above
individuality and freedom. Lenina Crown is a perfect example of this society and all that it
Lenina Crown is a model example of how unchecked technology can destroy humanity. If
you allow every desire to be satisfied with no work or effort it teaches people that they are
entitled to privileges and should not have to work for them. With only physical wants
considered the moral, emotional, and spiritual aspects of society are eliminated, leaving only
pleasure as a deciding factor. The lack of care for resources is shown with the hypnopaedic
phrase of ?Ending is better than mending.? This along with, ?Every one belongs to every one
else? capture the spirit of the New World perfectly. There is nothing needed except pleasure
and instant gratification to factor into a decision.
If you allow science and technology to be your god and savior it is proof of a decaying
society. If progress becomes more important than spirituality you begin to lose your soul, the
very part of you that makes you human. Lenina?s complete lack of knowledge of God, religion,
and faith show that even though there is little suffering in the New World, there is no real joy
or happiness. True happiness can only come from faith and without it there can only be a
mediocre existence. Lenina can not understand John?s religion, the Indian?s beliefs or anything
that resembles faith. This is because the New World discourages anything but the present and
physical pleasure. This keeps the citizens happy only because they have never experience true
For all her beauty and brains, Lenina lacks one of the corner stones of a normal society,
morals. She is not a bad person but does not have any set of guidelines to live by. The Solidaity
Services with ?Orgy-Porgy? and the belief that, ?Promiscuity is a citizen?s duty? are meant to
promote group pleasure and social stability, sacrificing the individuals morals and personal
beliefs. Without these beliefs people are not individuals but programmed robots who do what
they are told is best for them.
To leave science and technology to progress without regulation is to open the door to the decline
of humanity. Everything is done according to what is best for the entire society as dictated by the
World Controllers. With no emotions, pain, joy, morals, or spirituality to say what is right or
wrong technology continues on into areas where self-control and restraint are needed but none is
used. With nothing to guide science, only chaos and death can come in the end.
- Brave New World Essay, Research Paper The theme of Huxley’s Brave New World is community, identity, and stability. Each of these ... individuality which he cannot posses in Brave New World. “He emerged with a self-consciousness ...
- Brave New World Essay, Research Paper On a superficial level Brave New World is the portrait of ... in a planned materialistic society. Brave New World Huxley?s ironic vision of Brave New World ... the individual is dead. In Brave New World as well as Orwell?s ...
- Brave New World Essay, Research Paper Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World is a fictitious story about a future ... this “bottled baby”. In his 1932 review of Brave New World in “Scrutiny”, he wrote ...
- Brave New World Essay, Research Paper About “brave New World”: In After Ford 632, this is ... also are made in different grades of intelligence. In the “brave new world”, there is ... to remember that Huxley wrote “Brave New World” in 1931, before Adolf Hitler came ...
- Brave New World Essay, Research Paper Brave New World is a classic novel by Aldous ... s people, and the people in Brave New World. The difference in the use of these ... committed to each other go off and sleep with others. In Brave New World, Huxley ...