Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Mozart Essay, Research Paper
Mozart: Eine kleine Nachtmusik
The Classical period started with the Industrial Revolution. Machinery was being
invented, for this reason the middle class was rising faster and faster. It was their turn to
rule and set the trends. They saw the time of the Greeks and Romans as a perfect model
for them to strive for. They desired the balance and elegance of the Greeks. They
showed their need for balance and elegance in their artwork. The music of the Classical
period emphasized on elegance, grace, and balance. The middle class strived for
perfectionism in a time when they finally ruled.
One type of music that ruled the Classical period was chamber music. It is a
ensemble of two to eight players who function as part of a team (Enjoyment of Music, p
214). The most influential chamber music was the string quartet, which was composed
of four instruments, a cello, a viola, and two violins. The string quartet expressed the
private thoughts and emotions of the composer through the music. One composer who
favored the string quartet was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Mozart was a musical
genius. By the age of four, he could play the violin and he had already written music by
the age of nine. Mozart always had a bad temper and was a little crazy and rebellious.
People never really appreciated his music until he died. He was just too creative for the
people of his time. One of his most famous pieces is Eine kleine Nachtmusik.
Eine kleine Nachtmusik is chamber music that was written for a string quartet,
for public entertainment. It follows the Greek theme of balance, each of the four parts
are perfectly proportioned (Enjoyment of Music, p. 220). The first movement is in
sonata-allegro form in G major and is very fast paced. The first theme starts out like a
march and rises then falls at a rapid rate. The second theme opposes the first, and starts
off with a downward curve. Then comes the recapitulation (restatement of the first
theme) which ends with a coda (brings the piece to a close). The second movement is in
the form of ABCA. The first theme starts off slow and delicate, then moves to a
relatively faster paced second theme. It then moves onto a more dreary third theme, and
finally back to the first theme. The third movement is very happy and trilly. Finally, the
fourth movement is brisk and quick paced in G major (Enjoyment of Music).
Machlis, Joseph and Kristine Forney. The Enjoyment of Music. W.W. Norton &
Company. New York, N.Y. 1995. pp.216-222.
- Mozart Death Essay, Research Paper For the past two hundred years, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s death has ... shown that each successive attack weakens the heart, and a final serious bout ... disease could have been the final blow for Wolfgang?s heart. After ...
- Mozart Bio Essay, Research Paper Mozart Probably ... the greatest genius in Western musical history, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart ... series of arguments. Mozart’s career in Vienna began ... the third and final libretto provided by the ...
- Amadeus: Influential Values Essay, Research Paper Peter Shaffer?s Amadeus presents to ... by Mozart?s egotistical and immature personality. As a piece of recycled paper, Salieri ... with Mozart by expressing that ?all is not lost? (93). The final ...
- Chopin And Ravel Essay, Research Paper Chopin s Ballade is described as ... I have never stopped studying Mozart (Mellers 1962). Ravel is noted ... a Neapolitan 6th chord. The final chord is a dominant triad ... tone chord. 219-229 Final statement of the quaver motif ...
- Beethoven Essay, Research Paper Beethoven Ludwig van Beethoven overcame ... introduced Beethoven to Mozart?s strict counterpoint style. Wolfgang Mozart, respected pianist and ... piano and as a composer. As a final hardship, Beethoven developed a buzzing noise ...