Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
China is the 4th largest country in the world. China is located in eastern Asia, bordering the East China Sea, Korea Bay, Yellow Sea, and South China Sea, between North Korea and Vietnam. China is slightly smaller than the United States. About a fifth of all the worlds population lives in China. China covers a fifth of Asia. About 75 percent of the Chinese people live in small villages.
Most of the Chinese people live crowded together in about a third of the country s total area. This third of China includes 7 of the world s 50 largest cities, thousands of towns and villages, and countless farms.
China s terrain is mostly mountains, high plateaus, and deserts in the Western portion, deltas, and hills on the Eastern side. The lowest point in China is, Turpan Pendi, which is 154 meters above sea level. The Highest point in China is, Mount Everest, which is 8,848 meters above sea level.
The climate in China is extremely diverse; tropical in the South to sub arctic in the North. China s climate is greatly affected seasonal winds called monsoons. In winter monsoons carry cold air from Asia across China toward the sea. In summer it is the total opposite the monsoons carry warm, wet air from the sea inland across China. Summer climates in China average 80 degrees F. over much of China, except in the high mountains of Tibet and in the deserts. The Gobi desert has highs as high as 100 degrees F. in July. January temperatures in the Gobi desert often fall as low as -30 degrees F. Inland temperatures average 20 degrees F. in January over much of North and Central China.
China is a leading producer of many crops. No nation grows as much rice as China does. China also leads the world in tobacco production. It has the world s second largest vegetable crop. China is also the third largest producer of corn, cotton, tea, and wheat.
China exports $183.8 billion dollars a year and imports $140.17 billion dollars a year. China exports many commodities such as: electrical machinery and equipment, machinery and mechanical appliances, footwear, toys, and sporting goods. China s exporting partners are: Hong Kong, the U.S, Japan, Germany, South Korea, Netherlands, U.K, Singapore and Taiwan. China imports many items such as: iron and steel, plastics, scientific and photograph equipment, paper and paperboard. China s importing partners are: Japan, U.S, Taiwan, South Korea, Germany Hong Kong, Singapore and Russia.
China has many natural resources like coal, iron, ore, petroleum, natural gas, mercury, molybdenum, vanadium, magnetite, aluminum, lead, zinc, uranium, and hydropower. China also has many different religions. For instance Daoism, Buddhism, Muslim, and Christian. Their main religion is Buddhism. Buddhism encourages knowledge of oneself to relieve human suffering. The founder of Buddhism, Siddhartha Gautama, was probably born in Nepal about 551 B.C.
For entertainment in China they do paintings, sculptures, sports, and music. So as a result to this report, I think China is big and theirs a lot to learn about it.
- Snowboarding Essay, Research Paper Snowboarding is the world?s fastest growing winter sport and is set to become ... to this is the thousands of stance possibilities that can come out of ... to company. Sandwich construction is the most common way to make boards, ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper Polygamy is the practice of a man taking more than one wife at the ... them. In Uganda, Africa polygamy is common. The statistics in this country say ... time when their pioneering forefathers came to the west side of America ...
- ... In China Essay, Research Paper China’s Legal System “In death avoid hell, in life avoid the ... is significantly different from the U.S. courts where the judges only address the defendant at the ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper Currency is the Indonesian Rupiah. Exchange rate is approximately 1US $ = 8,000 rupiah. GDP is ... South Korea 5.4%, Taiwan 3.4%, China 3.1% (1998 est.) ... is that the confidence required to handle the economic crisis will only come once the ...
- China Essay, Research Paper China China takes 40% of the earth’s population; 1,210,004,956 ... to the constitution of 1982, China is socialist dictatorship of the proletariat led ... million members and is the world’s largest Communist party. The party held ...